Warcraft movie: first cgi shots released

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Still not a lot of info about next summer's WoW movie from Industrial Light and Magic, but Wired has posted a couple of pics of Orgrim.

here:

Warcraft_Orgrim-819x1024.jpg

and:

Warcraft_Orgrim_Action-932x621.jpg

The technique of basing cgi characters on real actors has become pretty well established since Gollum's day — for Orgrim, ILM used actor Robert Kazinsky as a base for the animation. Here's what he looks like when he's not being an orc:

c7Ky2Dt7_400x400.jpeg

Impressive CGI shots. And intrigued by the movie.

The story will be based on Warcraft origin story, right?
Or WOW universe, which I couldn't care less, and absolutely not familiar with the game. But if it fits in the movie I don't mind though.

I wonder how well this movie will do, if only WoW players will want to watch it or will it have a more mainstream appeal. As a long time Blizzard fan I'll probably have to watch it, orcs vs humans go!

I am not a WoW player but I am a fan of Warcraft 1 to 3 so I will watch it for sure.

And if the general public will watch it mostly depends on its trailers and quality of PR. They just need to get the comic book movie audience to want to watch it.

WoW lore is bullshit and this movie is about 10 years too late. I might still check it out for kicks, though.

Looks good, until they release the movie and we notice it's been downgraded.;)

I might have been interested in this film back in the 90's, but anything based on the mmo won't be of interest to me. Compared to Everquest, the warcraft mmo is just an empty shell, I'm amazed I played it for 5 entire days.

I really liked Moon , but this looks pretty terrible and I don'tn't think the WoW lore works for a film. I hope I'm wrong and Duncan Jones pulls a rabbit put of a hat, but I doubt it.

Ack, but for a Dragonlance film with half the budget....

Goddamn, these orcs always give inferiority complex. Time to double up my creatine dose. :p

I have to say that trailer looked positively terrible.

However, it's Duncan Jones - so I guess there's hope.

Not that I'm a fan of Warcraft lore, mind you.

Back
Top Bottom