iPad RPG

Update on eclipse:
I played it a couple of times now, and i think it's a very good game. I play a lot of boardgames with friends but still got slaughtered the first few times. After a coupe of games I was getting the hang of the game. In a 4 or 5 player game I have a fair chance of winning, but also of losing. Because of this the game stays challenging and fun. Because of the different species the replayability is great, every species has a distinct feel to it so I want to play them all at least once.

So the bottom line is if you want a good ipad game and like boardgames, you can't go wrong with this one.

Last edited:
The best game I've found so far on iPad is King Of Dragon Pass. It's a very unique game, not strictly an RPG, perhaps more of a strategy game, but full of RPG elements and curious events. This works really well on iPad as the controls aren't that different from a board game and as fadedc says iPad is ideal for that type of game.

Edit: Credits to Holeraw for mentioning this earlier

P.S. I quite enjoy the great British Bake Off!?

I have bought Eclipse and King Of Dragon Pass. Not played them much yet they seems fun so far.

I do enjoy great British Bake Off as well but there are times I rather fast forward but I am not allowed to do so!!

Agree with all that as fans of the vast library of truly great PC RPGs ... the offerings on iPad are thin and uninspiring. BG, Avadon, and a few others ... and as noted, the natural imprecision of the finger-touchscreen interface, as well as trying to map fingers on glass to mouse & keyboard, means a compromised control experience.

Strategy games - things like Machines at War 3, Warhammer, and so on - are actually pretty solid.

And if you like hidden object / adventure casual games, there are loads. I have enjoyed the recent Cognition series, and would put the iPad interface about on par with PC (since I played both).

Back
Top Bottom