Gothic 3 Is forsaken gods that bad?

rpgdude

Watchdog
Well, I haven't read anything good about it, even from fan. It seems incredible since it is supposed to be the last connection to the coming Arcania. The fact is G3 was critisized when it first came out, so is there any similarity between the two, or FG is really bad bad ?

Last I asked the same question answer was yes. Its not only bad game but the plot is awful too. It will ruin the whole gothic series for you if you play it so nothing good can come from it. Better just avoid it alltogether and think it never happened.

No,it's worse.
Avoid it at all costs.
Do not even install it.

Thanks ppl, I've actually enjoyed G3 because I've read that it was released before it was finished so I've expected more problems than I've had.

But if FG is that bad, I'll skip it. Thank god this site exists. No more JoWood for me. Unless someone posts here that one of their games is actually good. ;)

Gothic 1 & 2 are two of my fave games ever, and Gothic 3 I also love, yet if you check out my review here you will feel the hatred ;)

There's another patch on the way, but I very much doubt it can redeem it. Nothing short of rewriting the whole game would do.

There's another patch on the way, but I very much doubt it can redeem it. Nothing short of rewriting the whole game would do.

It is like patching holes in the roof of a house with a wooden foundation being eaten by termites ...

I don't know why everyone thinks it's a bad game. Sure, it has bugs, but it's actually very good game with good quests, dialogues... it even has something from great atmosphere of first Gothic game. Story is also deep, interesting and original. NPCs finally feels real, they are not just idiots waiting for player but have their own life. Did I say anything about good quests? Forsaken Gods have some really great quests that won't let you away from computer!

OK, just joking. It's horrible game :D

OK, I guess it's a bad game but GoGamer has it on sale for $3.90 - kinda tempting. Is it really so bad that you shouldn't bother with it even for 4 bucks?

OK, I guess it's a bad game but GoGamer has it on sale for $3.90 - kinda tempting. Is it really so bad that you shouldn't bother with it even for 4 bucks?
Yes.
Don't bother.

I know, when I saw it posted on the sale I was tempted to mention it, but it really is better to avoid it even for that cheap.

i thought of getting one for keepsakes but reading from the reactions from this thread, it seems to be not even worth that..

let me put it this way, I would not play through it even if I was paid $100 to do so.

I got it free as part of the Gothic 3 Collectors Edition, but I haven't played it, nor do I intend to....

Hehe. PB said it's bad so who would think otherwise. Even G3 got big problem( read my final impression on G3 ). If you want to find a good game to play, try the Witcher. Its graphics are better than G3 story is good, it does have a few flaws but overall, good game.

Back
Top Bottom