Pricewatch!

Inquisitor is fantastic. Tons of dialog and a very interesting, atmospheric setting. Very unique in the sense that you have to follow clues and actually solve mysteries, like who murdered such-and-such person, who is possessed by a demon, etc. etc. Many twists and turns and you are never quite sure who to believe. I really enjoyed it.

If respawns and lots of reading aren't deal breakers, I would give Inquisitor a nod too. The level of drudgery in combat is fairly dependent on what class you use. Warrior -> Massive grind, Cleric -> some level of planning. I found the concept and setting to be very interesting and, as Fleunt mentioned, the story does a good job with twists and making you second guess your decisions.

Gamersgate is having an Aldorlea Games sale this week (Laxius Force etc).

I'm currently playing Laxius Force. Awesome game if you like 16-bit classic RPGs like the early Final Fantasy games. Aldorlea Games in general seems to make great 16-bit style RPGs.

Inquisitor 3,05€ steam sale..has anyone played this? Should I pick it up?

Inquisitor is hard to recommend, but it did have some very good points:
-Plenty of dialogue
-Plenty of in-universe descriptions of items, which adds a lot to the immersion
-Many quests have interesting solutions and the side quests did overall feel like they meshed quite well with the story, setting & what you were doing in general

sadly, the combat was bland, and the character just moved so slowly. Also, expect a lot of waiting for regen. The later two really killed the game for me.

I know many here are anti uplay but they if you are getting ESO anyway you can get AC3 or AC4 for free with a preorder.

Imperial edition gets AC4
Standard edition gets AC3

Pantheon is my next MMO, and that's years away. I think ESO will be just another twitch-fest mmo, so I'll just let that one go. And ya, even if I wanted to play ESO, uplay is a deal breaker. Even a free game wouldn't get me to use uplay.

ESO is going F2P sooner than I expected since its being run by people who don't really know how to make a MMO (see the recent fiasco). They are currently trying to milk early adopters and hard core ES fans. So I think its better to wait and get ESO bit later even for free!

Why would Elder Scrolls Online use Uplay? Bethesda doesn't need Ubi for anything.....

You don't need uplay but if you pre order ESO on uplay then you get AC3 or AC4.

o_O, you can buy ESO on Ubi Uplay...

There must be some feature in Uplay they are using besides DRM.

Uplay isn't just DRM they are an online distributor just like steam except with a much smaller library at the moment.

Maybe they are taking a smaller percentage than steam to sell the game, also it's not like its uplay exclusive so why not sell it on uplay as well as all the other online distributors and reach as many people as possible.

Maybe Bethesda said they'd put it on uplay if ubi threw in the free game to help boost ESO sales.

All speculation on my part of course.

Back
Top Bottom