Gothic 3 gothic 3 and Nvidia 280

A little late to the party here but....

If you've got Vista and a fast graphics card (280 definitely qualifies), you might start seeing some "driver stopped responding" errors. There's a timing problem in Vista that has been hotfixed but hasn't made it out to Windows Update yet. It's helped quite a few folks with that problem. Not everybody, but quite a few.

Hotfixes are NOT as heavily tested as normal updates so I wouldn't suggest installing this unless you are actually having the problem.

hmm it works with commiunity patch 1.6... but it works like it's crap... barely moves... no frame rate to speak of, sad really got this brand new spanking computer and I can't play gothic 3 on it:(

Post the specs.

Intel I-7 2.66 mhz
4 gb ddr3 1333MHZ
GTX 280 1GB
and a motherboard from MSI, deluxe x58
ohh yeah VISTA 64

Nice. :)

Check if you are plagued by G3's font bug on Vista.

Lucky you :)
Maybe Vista is the problem also Community patch 1.7 is on the way you could try it although I doubt it will fix any performance related problems.

Darn, and I thought my
E8400 3.00 Ghz Core 2
4 gig DDR3
Dual Geforce 512 mb 9800 GT's was nice....

haven't tried G3 on it yet though..

Lucky you :)
Maybe Vista is the problem also Community patch 1.7 is on the way you could try it although I doubt it will fix any performance related problems.

It's unlikely he has performance problems. Something is wrong somewhere. The game should run quite smoothly.

Finally I've waited 2years for this, and now it finally works, and looks good too yay , thanks Gorath and thanks everyone:)

Finally I've waited 2years for this, and now it finally works, and looks good too yay , thanks Gorath and thanks everyone:)
How did you fix it?

I used the font fix:) hooray, great game, already helping the rebels at riddick and have a light rebel armor( that cost me everything I had?!)
anyway, in jowood forums there are many posts regarding vista.

I used the font fix:) hooray, great game, already helping the rebels at riddick and have a light rebel armor( that cost me everything I had?!)
anyway, in jowood forums there are many posts regarding vista.
I'd advice you to wait for Community Patch 1.7 we'll have it in "Early 2009"you should wait because the old saves wont be supported. you can just enjoy the beautiful landscape and not leveling up or doing quests.Just walk around and find all secret locations.

hell no, waited from 2006:) time to play, besides I'm gonna reply it many times like any other gothic game, this one is a rebel next one as a an ORC merc:)

Back
Top Bottom