DA2 Dragon Age 2 - now officially a success

Dragon Age 2
Wrote all crap and lie you want in your profile, I read some of your post and that's enough to get an opinion and know you worth only some head smashing (virtual one, not physical one), no point debating with you.

Wrote all crap and lie you want in your profile, I read some of your post and that's enough to get an opinion and know you worth only some head smashing (virtual one, not physical one), no point debating with you.

Whatever man just do me a favor and stop responding to my posts in the future . Moving on now I got better things to do. Keep being judgmental though you whiner.

biggest_whiner_statue_1.jpg

Here a new avatar for you.

A little reminder, you are arguing about this brilliant post you offer us:
Cant see why you would there is no replay value in the game.

Lol and you defend that totally worthless crap, that's terrible.

Dasale do you realize that when you stoop to personal attacks and name calling it renders your points (right or wrong) non credible. No one is going to take you seriouly when you lower yourself to these tactics.

Dasale do you realize that when you stoop to personal attacks and name calling it renders your points (right or wrong) non credible. No one is going to take you seriouly when you lower yourself to these tactics.

Don't bother as I said before he is just an ass in every post he does he criticizes everyone. Just read his post history.

Don't bother as I said before he is just an ass in every post he does he criticizes everyone. Just read his post history.

An ass? That one is new, looks like asshole? :) sakishop I hope you appreciate at its full value how well bedpotato is listening and following your smart and wise advices? :)

Anyway it's very informative you find worthy such post:

Congratulation, but my little finger tell me that you won't bother explain your defense of such… ooops the word 'crap' almost fire up. But nope, quote that unlike the potato I'm following your smart advices. Please master illuminate me with more wise words like that.

Mmm, almost forget, mister potato no need check your (boring) posts history to know you criticize any game.

I am not buyign bioware games any more. They are simply not catering to me as a gamer anymore. So i will have to support other companies.

That won't matter until I finish it. ;) From what I've seen, you could probably get some replay value by sticking with one set of companions in the first play-through and another set in the second. However, with all the great games coming out this year and great old games popping up on Steam/Impulse/GOG for super cheap, there's no way I'll be doing that.

That won't matter until I finish it. ;) From what I've seen, you could probably get some replay value by sticking with one set of companions in the first play-through and another set in the second. However, with all the great games coming out this year and great old games popping up on Steam/Impulse/GOG for super cheap, there's no way I'll be doing that.

I replayed the game a second time playing it as an action title, where as the first time around I always paused and planned and played on hard. On normal with you just controlling Hawke it's almost a completely different game and arguably more fun because the game was mainly designed to be played like that.

I cant thank GOG games enough as it allowed me to purchase some games I lost and others where my cds were scratched beyond repair. Cant wait for the witcher 2 in 10 day. See Dasale I love some rpgs. To you it means your logic is flawed. A whiner who loves a game.:p

Woo at last see you make a positive comment about a non old classical RPG that everyone feel forced to adulate, THAT will be a nice change, I'm waiting that with a lot of impatience!

Witcher 2 - will this be the game that is both popular and not dumbed down? Will it have both advanced graphics and advanced gameplay? Will Trish's titties be what finally unites RPG Codex and RPG Watch? Stay tuned for the Summer of Love 2011! ;)

As many others have pointed out, the game's sales figures are sold in, not sold through. This means that the 2 million copies, we've been talking about is copies sold to retailers. As an example, in the radio store in my city (which also sells computer games), there is now 6 or 7 DA2 games out of a total of about 12-14 games. However, this is a moot point, if it is sold in or sold through as the developers and puiblishers get paid when the game ships...(sells in).

As for the points, I don't get it. I don't get why crafting is important in an rpg? As for the
cpmbat, the combat is more responsive than action-oriented. (reinforcement aka waves are done rather stupidly, I'll admit). As for the dialogue, there is the same (or more) dialogue as there were in DA: Origins. Due to how the dialogue system in DA2 works, you won't see all the dialogue options in DA2. As for the follower armour being locked down, this was somewhat of a surprise for me. However, imo, Bioware just did it poorly.

Main complaint still seems to be that the game is rushed, bugridden and - the re-use of areas. Comparing DA2 to Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 seems reasonobly enough. As told, I'm currently playing Witcher 1; this game beats Bioware and every Bioware game to day by more (horse) lenths than most, especially in Chapter 4. And Witcher 2 seems to be more of the same, with some features being tweaked for the better..

As many others have pointed out, the game's sales figures are sold in, not sold through. This means that the 2 million copies, we've been talking about is copies sold to retailers. As an example, in the radio store in my city (which also sells computer games), there is now 6 or 7 DA2 games out of a total of about 12-14 games. However, this is a moot point, if it is sold in or sold through as the developers and puiblishers get paid when the game ships…(sells in).

I'm not sure if it's true, but I remember reading somewhere once that EA has agreements with the major retailers to buy back a certain portion of games that don't sell. Even if this is the case though they still achieved their goal, which was to get the bulk of the money for the game in before the end of the prior fiscal year (March 31st). If they have to give some of it back in this fiscal year they have plenty of time to make it up elsewhere.

I think that you can pretty much kiss the idea goodbye of a game like Witcher or even Origins being made again by EA at this point. They managed to sell a game at $60 that had a one year development cycle so they've no incentive to make games that have multi year cycles. It means a higher production cost and less big name games released every year.

Their CEO very recently commented that they will be pushing their big name IP as "year-round businesses" and Dragon Age was one of franchises they named.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34514/Riccitiellos_EA_Shifts_From_Defense_To_Offense.php

What this means is you can expect one DA game a year along the quality of DA2 and lots and lots of DLC.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's true, but I remember reading somewhere once that EA has agreements with the major retailers to buy back a certain portion of games that don't sell.

It is true and it is not just EA. No major retailer will stock a publisher's games without a (generous) return policy. In fact, the returns are usually quite costly for the publishers due to shipping and handling, repackaging/relabeling or -in the worst case- plain old trashing ;) .

But after that, DA2 price fell quickly and is now available for 15€ (was three weeks or so after release) Not forgetting the special offer ME2 for a copy of DA2.

Whatever, it shows that RPG is a dying genre.

What's this, a genre is dying if a crappy game sells poorly? I guess FPS is dying also because I hear Bulletstorm has sold badly. Let's have a look at good recent RPG's:

NWN2/MotB/SoZ - have all sold well as far as I can tell
Dragon Age: Origins - Major success
The Witcher - Major success, sequel coming out next week
New Vegas - Mega blockbuster, has sold twice as much as Mass Effect 2
Risen - Successful, Piranha Bytes are working on Risen 2
Divinity 2 - Successful, Larian is working on more RPG's
Dark Eye / River of Time - According to the devs, they outsold expectations, Radon Labs went out of business because investors pulled out of Drakensang 3, not because these games sold poorly

If Dragon Age 2, which by the way, has "action-adventure" as it's official genre according to EA, is doing worse than DA:O that's a good thing for RPG's.

Hell, we even have other devs purposely trying to hype their games by distancing themselves from the "dumbing down" in Dragon Age 2:
Q: BioWare was criticised of dumbing down Dragon Age II for a console audience. Are you worried the same thing may happen?
Michael Hoge: No. Not really. There might be some aspects of the game some people wont' like, but this won't be among them.
What you see in Dragon Age II, for example, is that the game is designed to be consumed in chunks; when you go home at night, when you're finished with your work. You play one or two hours of Dragon Age II and that's OK.
You're not going to sit down and play one hour of Risen 2. You're going to sit down and realise, five hours later, that you're still playing Risen 2. That's the major difference and we're not going to change that for the console at all.

I think that you can pretty much kiss the idea of a good game ever being made by EA at this point.

Fix'd. Maybe if more people realize this, they would stop buying these mindless "AAA" games EA is pushing and look for quality elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom