Legend of Grimrock - Map Editor News

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Grimrock site takes a look at some early reviews, which we've already covered, but also provides a quick update as Almost Human starts prepping the level editor for eventual release:
Also, a bit of development related news: we have started working on the level editing capabilities. There’s not much to report yet since the whole thing is still pretty much undergoing some planning and early prototyping but we should be on the right track. Anyways the current plan is to release the editor in stages: initially the editor will be rather simple but more advanced features and scripting capabilities will be added in incrementally in later releases. That way you can get your hands on the editor more quickly and we can get useful feedback from you already in the early stages.
More information.

Allready glad i preordered.

Now I only hope they really plan to add roguelike random dungeon generator too, as they mentioned in one of their posts :)

Ι was thinking, someone will recreate the levels of EOB or Dungeon Master

I would like to see a recreation of Raven's debut title The Black Crypt. Unless you had an Amiga, you wouldn't have had a chance to play that one. They were going to port it to the PC, but nothing besides a 2 level demo was ever released.

I would like to see a recreation of Raven's debut title The Black Crypt. Unless you had an Amiga, you wouldn't have had a chance to play that one. They were going to port it to the PC, but nothing besides a 2 level demo was ever released.

Whoa, I had no idea this even existed. Yeah, definitely that needs to be floated around the game's forum as a worthy discussion topic at the least once the game is actually out and the modding works begin.

Main problem with recreating classic dungeon crawlers would be the monster models. Grimrock's people have done some fantastic work.

Back
Top Bottom