Civcraft - a new sandbox game

Hi Archangel,

"you can still see the choppiness or low FPS"
Yes you can. We are still an Indie company and working with the latest technology (Unity 5 and it's new features), so from time to time we show new features before optimizing the performance. When we will publish CivCraft, our players will not have any FPS issues, as these issues and the way to solve them are well known to us and our developers.

"Also the game needs blood and some weapon hit effects like blood, sparks and such.*"
CivCraft will definitely have these effects, as well as kill animations

"After that while the building is being built, the camera turns by itself" All of our flying cameras in the videos are purely for cinematic purposes, and there is no way to do that in the game.

"is there also a proper castle siege gameplay?"
We are focusing on castle sieges, as well as the ability to "board" and control siege weapons, including ladders, ropes and special forces that can try to sneak in and open the gates

Thanks for you input and feel free to tell us your opinion

Hi Archangel,

"you can still see the choppiness or low FPS"
Yes you can. We are still an Indie company and working with the latest technology (Unity 5 and it's new features), so from time to time we show new features before optimizing the performance. When we will publish CivCraft, our players will not have any FPS issues, as these issues and the way to solve them are well known to us and our developers.

"Also the game needs blood and some weapon hit effects like blood, sparks and such.*"
CivCraft will definitely have these effects, as well as kill animations

"After that while the building is being built, the camera turns by itself" All of our flying cameras in the videos are purely for cinematic purposes, and there is no way to do that in the game.

"is there also a proper castle siege gameplay?"
We are focusing on castle sieges, as well as the ability to "board" and control siege weapons, including ladders, ropes and special forces that can try to sneak in and open the gates

Thanks for you input and feel free to tell us your opinion
This is all good to hear. But I urge you to use those FPS fixed for your KS pitch video. People are going to complain about it and you will get less money.

As for death animations, if possible leave that fall to death from fireball that destroyed the tower, that was hilarious :D
Also the flying shields and stuff like that needs to stay, that gives charm to the game :D

Ah, so it will have armies and empire stuff. I had missed that in the other thread. I don't play those types of games, but there are a bunch that do. Good luck with your pitch. I personally believe RTS elements vastly lowers Kickstarter interest, but I could be wrong.

This is all good to hear. But I urge you to use those FPS fixed for your KS pitch video. People are going to complain about it and you will get less money.

As for death animations, if possible leave that fall to death from fireball that destroyed the tower, that was hilarious :D
Also the flying shields and stuff like that needs to stay, that gives charm to the game :D

Great, thanks for the info

I don't see any problems with the core game, the technical parts needs to be "perfect"
No it doesn't. It's obviously NOT a FINISHED game, just further along than many KS projects are.

If it was perfect like you seem to want, my question would be why are you even going to KS?

[EDIT]
BTW the spellforce series was an RTS with strong RPG elements. I would strongly suggest purchasing at least #1 from GOG and playing it for a while. Possibly Age of Wonder as well.

Also you might want to look at games like Timber & Stone, and Stoneharth.

Personally I wouldn't mind a proceduralized voxel world generation capability.

I'm not a big fan of RTS either, but I could probably stand it in a game where it's mainly a side show.

Also it sounds like if you really want to you can just pay the entire(?) game in one of the modes. In that case I'd like to see the building AI expand(found?) new cities on it's own if I were say, playing mostly the 1st person RPG mode.
[/EDIT]

I was talking about the release version not KS version. We won't be playing KS version anyways, but the release version.

No it doesn't. It's obviously NOT a FINISHED game, just further along than many KS projects are.

If it was perfect like you seem to want, my question would be why are you even going to KS?

[EDIT]
BTW the spellforce series was an RTS with strong RPG elements. I would strongly suggest purchasing at least #1 from GOG and playing it for a while. Possibly Age of Wonder as well.

Also you might want to look at games like Timber & Stone, and Stoneharth.

Personally I wouldn't mind a proceduralized voxel world generation capability.

I'm not a big fan of RTS either, but I could probably stand it in a game where it's mainly a side show.

Also it sounds like if you really want to you can just pay the entire(?) game in one of the modes. In that case I'd like to see the building AI expand(found?) new cities on it's own if I were say, playing mostly the 1st person RPG mode.
[/EDIT]

exactly. as you have an option to switch between FPS and RTS in any time to gain perfect control, you may choose not to do it.

you can play entire game in FPS mode(or TPS - of course you can switch it anytime), go on quests, explore the realm, and the AI will expand your kingdom and defend your cities from enemies without your presence.

in other hand, you can play entire game in RTS mode, manage your kingdom, conquer and rule, without taking single step in FPS mode.

I was talking about the release version not KS version. We won't be playing KS version anyways, but the release version.

CivCraft is in it's Pre Alpha state, meaning only our kickstarters will play CivCraft this October, while steam Early Access suppose to be published till the end of the year.

We are not going to kickstarter to fund the Idea of CivCraft, but to add planned features towards its stream release through hitting our stretch goals on kickstarter.

You have great ideas for this game!

You should really check out and play Birthright the Gorgon;s Alliance to see how this was done in the past and to determine what worked well and what did not.

Info:
http://www.giantbomb.com/birthright-the-gorgons-alliance/3030-10500/

Let's play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9_P-C_rOYQ

It was a really great breakthrough in multifaceted gameplay at the time for RPGs that had never previously existed in that kind of detail.

If you could improve on the gameplay of Birthright a bit and especially in the Quests and how they are important to the core game you will have a winner!

Thanks buckaroobonzai,

The whole idea is to take best elements and ideas out there and combine them smoothly.

Thanks buckaroobonzai,

The whole idea is to take best elements and ideas out there and combine them smoothly.

Birthright has 3 game modes:

1. Strategic level map: turn based

2. Tactical battle level: real time

3. 1st person RPG: real time

Even though a mode or two might be a bit different then Civcraft, Birthright is a great game to learn on what they did very well using different game modes, and what Civcraft can improve greatly on to make the best type of game like this.

A great boost in gameplay would be interesting variety of quests for the 1st person RPG Mode that meshes the strategic and tactical mode/goals.

Joan of Arc is another example of fps/rts
It didnt get a lot of publicity but was pretty fun

Back
Top Bottom