The Witcher - European Limited Edition Details @ Official Site

magerette

Hedgewitch
The official website for CDProjekt's The Witcher has the news that Atari has announced the details on just exactly what will be in the LE for Europe. No surprises, but now it's official :
The full contents of the European Limited Edition box are as follows:
  • The Witcher game;
  • Official Soundtrack CD including 29 tracks from the game;
  • Double-sided full-colour world map poster;
  • High-quality 204 page art book featuring production sketches, artwork and more;
  • ‘Making Of’ documentary feature DVD with exclusive developer interviews and footage.
More information.

Last edited:
Sorry for nitpicking: it's "CDProjekt", just with a "k". :)

Would the assumption from the box and the fact that it's the European LE that the copy of the game in it is multi-lingual, including English be correct? Also, would this version be totally uncut?

Sorry for nitpicking: it's "CDProjekt", just with a "k". :)

Sorry. Fixed. :)

@chamr
Here's a link to a UK online game store that shows the English version of a CE(not LE). Appears to be separate, but who knows other than Atari? Anybody have any better info?

Further details:
Eurogamer has this picture of the LE contents showing English titles, and this little blurb that doesn't really go into specifics. Cool looking stuff, regardless.

Sorry. Fixed. :)

@chamr
Here's a link to a UK online game store that shows the English version of a CE(not LE). Appears to be separate, but who knows other than Atari? Anybody have any better info?

Im pretty sure its the same. They were selling it before the announcement. These editions are called on all sorts of names (limited,collector,special,etc) so they just guessed it.

I just wonder how the international LE might look like - and contain.

Two Worlds taught me a lesson in this respect.

Nope, it's a Game exclusive (in the UK only though, elsewhere it's not). And it is called the Limited Edition, Game have just got the title wrong :p

re:cuts, nope - this game doesn't need any cuts to pass an 18 rating in the UK (there have only been two games in history that ever did I think :p)

Last edited:
The bbfc classification decision has now been released - it confirms no cuts to the UK version.

BBFC said:
Contains strong sex, violence and drugs references

This work was passed with no cuts made.

Thanks kalniel and zakhal. This is the edition I hope to be able to get as an import here. Hopefully you cleared up chamr's questions as well.
For the U.S. only, gogamer has a UK import edition listed, but it doesn't say anything about it being the LE.

I wonder why Atari didn't make the same version of Limitted collection as in Poland. European collection edition seems rather poorer. It's without battle-card game, t-shirt, witcher medalion. And e.g. dvd-behind the scene is in our regular edition also with soundtrack and story by Sapkowski. And we pay for limitted edition around 200 zl (around 77 USD; 36 pounds) - so probably isn't so expansive to add this things.

Last edited:
I wonder why Atari didn't make the same version of Limitted collection as in Poland. European collection edition seems rather poorer. It's without battle-card game, t-shirt, witcher medalion. And e.g. dvd-behind the scene is in our regular edition also with soundtrack and story by Sapkowski. And we pay for limitted edition around 200 zl (around 77 USD; 36 pounds) - so probably isn't so expansive to add this things.

Polish distributer is propably the only one taking this game seriously enough. Atleast outside poland i dont see much (if any) mentioning even of this game. So I doubt they bother doing more than a vanilla collectors edition. Not to mention Atari hardly provides any better than that even for its biggest titles (i.e nwn2).

Polish distributer is propably the only one taking this game seriously enough. Atleast outside poland i dont see much (if any) mentioning even of this game. So I doubt they bother doing more than a vanilla collectors edition. Not to mention Atari hardly provides any better than that even for its biggest titles (i.e nwn2).

Well, Atari isn't famous of being great distributor ;). It's just a pity that somebody who buy it , will get less for the same money.

Over in the UK Atari EU are doing a lot, but I wonder if Atari Inc (the US company) isn't as heavily involved in the project.

forget all that "making of" bizness, I want one of those wolf medallions! Now there's an extra that would make it worth the purchase.

Is the map a bonus? The map should come standard with the game anyway. I'm pissed that a map is now considered some kind of bonus material. What's next, "now with printed manual!"?

forget all that "making of" bizness, I want one of those wolf medallions! Now there's an extra that would make it worth the purchase.

Dont forget the game cards. Its a real game with itself magic the gathering style or somthing (atleast when looking at teh prettyh pictures in the cards). And the fantasy book. I would love to read that before playing. I hate this.

And the fantasy book. I would love to read that before playing. I hate this.

Now you understand why I became so angry when I read about the international "Collector's Edition" of Two Worlds ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom