Lords of Xulima - New Regions

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Several new regions have been added to Lords of Xulima, increasing the playing time with an extra 30 hours.

We are very happy to announce that we have unlocked a new portion of the game with about 30 hours of gameplay. Now the game is playable up to 80% of the full content. Everything but the Titans chapter is now playable. The two chapters, "The Divine Artifacts" and "The Impious Princes" can be completed now.

New Regions to explore: Rasmura, Devonia, Vilak & Varas Talak.We recommend you to start exploring the Northwest part of Vilak, entering from Sorrentia, and then continue your adventure in Rasmura. The new content is more open and non linear than ever; you have to choose carefully where to go and what to explore and which enemies to fight. Don't try to clean a whole region, instead travel and explore the different regions. You can explore a part of the Ancient Ruins of Devonia, then travel to Tailkendil island in Varas Talak, then return to the Tower of Rage, explore the West of Vilak... More than ever, your destiny is in your hands.

By the way,the entire region of Nagira is now unlocked, although you will have to find a way to reach the Ovengel's castle without ending with your bones burned to the ground.
In addition they also added some higher level skills for Mages and Clerics and you can also buy the game from the Humble Bundle Store, in case you want to buy it anyway and in the process donate a bit to charity.

More information.

Everyone who likes the early Might and Magics and Wizardries should get this game. It is fairly cheap and it offers tons of bang for the buck. I want Xulima 2, so order today :)

I played most of the content released prior to this update; infact i only stopped because I coudln't find the next area that was viable. Having said that I think i will wait for the finished product before playing more. My only real complaint was too much back/forth in some areas of the game but other than that and some lesson learned from skills ignored the game was fun and will defintely play the final version.

Was happy to back them from the get-go, and I really look forward to playing the finished product at some point. It totally looks like my kind of game, and reading updates like these only reinforces that.

Was happy to back them from the get-go, and I really look forward to playing the finished product at some point. It totally looks like my kind of game, and reading updates like these only reinforces that.
I somehow missed the kickstarter on this, must have been playing Skyrim, and so I bought the physical CE to support them. It is $65 well used.

definitely buying soon, waiting on someone to buy my used auto parts on ebay. i finally caved and picked up age of decadence in exchange for a 1995 camaro airbag haha

Definately sneaked in under alot of peoples radar.

Now all I have to do is tear myself away from WL2 to play it more. :thumbsup:

Nah, I managed to sneak away from LoX in order to play WL2, and I won't return until LoX is finished...

And while I really like LoX for what it is, it's nowhere near my GOTY, there's way to much competition this year. LoX is good fun, but it's not more than that to me. It can't really hold a candle to the big ones is it's genre, like Wizardry 8. I just think many of us are so starved for these kind of games.

Not trying to bash the game, I've spent loads of hours on it and enjoyed it, just trying to keep my feet on the ground.

Well different people have different taste; but I prefer this game to wasteland2 but I'm giong to continue playing wasteland 2 since it is finished and this game has a ways to go :)

Definately sneaked in under alot of peoples radar.

Now all I have to do is tear myself away from WL2 to play it more. :thumbsup:

LoX is good fun, but it's not more than that to me. It can't really hold a candle to the big ones is it's genre, like Wizardry 8. I just think many of us are so starved for these kind of games.

I agree. LoX is solid, but you can't really compare it to a AAA title. I think it's a great game from a first-time developer though. It's definitely worth the price of admission.

It's a bit combat heavy, but it does have a story. Not going to make a run as a top game in that area however. There's some goblins guarding chests that require a riddle to be solved by typing the correct answer in plus, for most classes, a variety of skills/stats to choose from for point investment. Lots of trap and fortunately there's a ton of variety in the areas with a lot of outside work. Every town has a job board with optional side quests as well. It's a really well done project imo.

How did I miss this game...?!

Can you upload custom portraits?

Saying it doesn't compare to the classics is selling it short. The developers have paid very good attention to what made old-school PC RPGs work, and it shows. I have not seen any game with such a judicious use of skills in years and years. Also much like Might and Magic, Lords of Xulima never aims very very high, but it delivers perfectly the leisurely experience it sets out to establish. I haven't been so hooked to a game in a very long while, and the only reason I stopped was that I waited for a final version.

Myrthos, thanks for the heads up - Humble was having a sale that knocked the game down to something like $13. I'm definitely not sorry I bought it.

I think I'm a little more mixed on this one than some of the game's hardcore early converts. I'll save my (probably unpopular) thoughts for Aries100's review thread. :)

I love the return to classical party sizes and the combat does indeed look attractive, yet I'm left a little cold by the changing perspective which negates some of the Might and Magic feel. I'll probably wait until the full product is out before buying, as easy access doesn't especially interest me. I can certainly sense the appeal of this game though and it is now on my radar. :)

Last edited:
I love the return to classical party sizes and the combat does indeed look attractive, yet I'm left cold a little by the changing perspective which negates some of the Might and Magic feel. I'll probably wait until the full product is out before buying, as easy access doesn't especially interest me. I can certainly sense the appeal of this game though and it is now on my radar. :)

Well I like first person better, but since the art is so gorgeous I don't mind too much. It looks really good even on my 2560 x 1440 monitor. It's like Eschalon on steroids, only with the combat system of a souped-up old school Might and Magic. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom