Van Helsing II - Review Roundup #3

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is the third round of reviews for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. I only managed to find three this time, but never the less here they are.

RPGamer - 3.5/5

Those who enjoyed the first game will find much more of the same enjoyment in the second, and those angling for some more loot-based dungeoneering a bit fresher in terms of setting and story should find much to like here as well. There's a slight disappointment that little was done in the core game to try and enhance things, and the overall scope isn't going to compete in the stay-ability stakes with games like Diablo and Torchlight.
Dealspwn - 8/10

The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing II is a quality dungeon crawler offering solid action, hours of fun and an anarchic upbeat personality. Here's hoping that the third game turns the trilogy into a single superior RPG and underdog success story.
Gamespot - 8/10

Van Helsing II is coarsely granular. Some of its pieces don't work as well as they should, but much of that falls by the wayside when you're in the thick of things. It is stellar in spite of a few big missteps and the fact that, with the exception of the world itself, none of the experience feels cohesive.
More information.

Last edited:
Haven't cared a whole lot for the first part of the game where it's a tower defense campaign. The game is fine I just don't care for that style of gameplay for an aRPG.

There is only few TD events in first VH. And you can kill monsters with your hero like in normal gameplay.

For me it was pretty basic but nice respite from usual action.

Back
Top Bottom