Subterranea - Kickstarter Now Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cloud Nine Games has just launched the promised kickstarter for Subterranea. They are asking for a modest fee of $12,500 AUD, and will run till Sunday, March 30th.

If you are a fan of party based RPGs then this game is for you. Here are a few details incase you missed the other posts on site.

(Update) - I forgot to mention you can also vote for the game on Steam Greenlight.
Adventure through a world rife with peril and intrigue, to solve a dangerous mystery in this fantasy, turn-based CRPG.

Subterranea is set within, around, and below, a massive swamp named Vengarth. Some time ago a poor fishing village by the name of Gimlet, whose inhabitants scratched out a living on the edge of the swamp, had a marked improvement of fortune after a mysterious Elf-Lord appeared in their midst.

The Elf-Lord, Lord Lenzo, struck a deal with the villagers - in exchange for harvesting the rare and valuable plants that were found in abundance in Vengarth Swamp, the Lord showed them how to refine the plants into valuable alchemical and magical reagents and helped them to trade those reagents across the country for his own and the townspeople's prosperity.

Under Lord Lenzo's benign but increasingly absent rule, Gimlet Village grew and prospered into Gimlet Town. The fishing families who originally lead the village formed a cabal of Merchant Lords and have effectively taken over the stewardship of Gimlet Town.

Recently however, a group of harvesters stumbled upon an entrance to a sunken temple within the swamp and unwisely entered looking for valuables. The survivors brought warning to the town, and the cabal instructed other harvesting parties to keep their distance from the temple entrance. Despite their instruction, harvesting parties keep disappearing from all over the swamp with increasing regularity.

When the cabal's profits are threatened they act. You control a party of adventurers who have answered their call to arms. You are not alone though - other adventuring parties have also come seeking rewards from the wealthy cabal of Gimlet Town - these adventurers may need to be dealt with one way or the other.

The game features deadly intrigue, murky and conflicting agendas, a sprawling megadungeon to conquer and ultimately a mystery that lurks far beneath the surface of Vengarth Swamp!
More information.

Last edited:
Great! Backed. Hope he gets loadsa money for this. Lots of potential but those rough edges need ironing out... :) exactly what KS is good for.

A game being made by Corwin's neighbor?
Won't even look all details.

Backed!

We need more games like this. I'm backing it!

Can I make a request? More sexy narration!

Backed. I just can't resist faithful use of the D&D rules.

Thanks for the update - had a quick look at the branching dialogues link and it looked pretty effective. Nice to see skill checks like diplomacy in there. Will there also be race/class dialogue options?

Also, who did the music to the trailer? Will they be doing the full soundtrack? (just curious because I backed at the soundtrack level!). :)

Pongo JMab answered that question on another forum.
The game composer who did the track for the teaser trailer is Matthew Pablo http://www.matthewpablo.com/

I found his track on http://www.opengameart.org and liked it enough for the trailer. I reached out to him a month or so ago, and he told me to run with it and we'll talk post-successful funding.

I've also had contact from a couple of other composers. I need to put aside some time to figure out what I'm going to do. Matthew has a leg up due to supplying the track in the teaser trailer…

Great, thank CP! Had a look at his website, looks like a good bloke for the job. Guess it depends on costs and the other options that JMab mentions.

JMab, if you want Americans to back your game, you gotta tell them what AUD is in US dollars. Most of us are too lazy to back unless it says specifically (in each tier) what the donation is in LAA (Lazy-Ass American) ;)

Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Subterranea - a 3D Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Time to tell the world about it!

Beta Baron

JMab, if you want Americans to back your game, you gotta tell them what AUD is in US dollars. Most of us are too lazy to back unless it says specifically (in each tier) what the donation is in LAA (Lazy-Ass American) ;)

Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Subterranea - a 3D Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Time to tell the world about it!

Beta Baron

OK, thanks crpgnut! I'll put USD conversions on the site...

I could only add them to the IMMORTAL pledge level, as all other pledge levels have at least 1 backer, so can't be edited... hope that's enough! It's basically 10% off if you're paying in USD...

I could only add them to the IMMORTAL pledge level, as all other pledge levels have at least 1 backer, so can't be edited… hope that's enough! It's basically 10% off if you're paying in USD…
You could add a simple chart with the converted currency's to the games front-page, and maybe mention it in an update also. This is just a suggestion.^^

Back
Top Bottom