King Arthur - Collection Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A collection of King Arthur, expansions and DLCs has been announced:
King Arthur Collection Announced & Trailer Released

Create Your Own Legend

NEW YORK, April 21st, 2011 – Paradox Interactive invites gamers to dust off their armor one more time and prepare for the ultimate King Arthur experience with the newly announced King Arthur Collection, available in late May 2011. To celebrate, an announcement trailer has been released!

This brand new product will include the original King Arthur game, as well as both The Saxons and The Druids expansions, in one magnificent package that would even make the Lady of the Lake think twice about trading Excalibur for it. From building up armies to slaying mystical beasts, this collection will transport players back to the time of Merlin and Sir Lancelot as they battle their way through an engaging campaign mode that challenges them to prove that Arthur is the Once and Future King of prophecies.

The King Arthur Collection includes:
King Arthur: The Role-playing Game
The Saxons expansion
The Druids expansion
Knights and Vassals DLC
Legendary Artifacts DLC

View the trailer here!

Features include:

• Real-time fantasy battles: Engage in spectacular fights featuring thousands of soldiers and renowned heroes, such as Sir Lancelot and Merlin.
  • Turn-based campaign map: Britannia is represented as a three- dimensional topographic map.
  • Create your own legend: The saga of King Arthur, an epic tale about the conquest of Britannia, is told through a story-based campaign.
  • Morality Chart: Every decision you make in the game will influence King Arthur’s position on the Morality Chart. These choices unlock special content, allies, heroes, units, and developments.
  • RPG elements: Heroes learn skills, spells, and abilities. They can also use magic items or become liege lords, entrusted with the leadership of a province.
More information.

I bought this game for christmas.

Lot of things done right... I love how seasons actually matter. I love the morality chart, I love the text adventures, what you do with your heroes, I love the general feeling of the game, its art direction.

But a single negative point killed the game for me : Battles. They are Total War like but much more difficult to manage and overly repetitive.

I bought this game for christmas.

Lot of things done right… I love how seasons actually matter. I love the morality chart, I love the text adventures, what you do with your heroes, I love the general feeling of the game, its art direction.

But a single negative point killed the game for me : Battles. They are Total War like but much more difficult to manage and overly repetitive.

I agree but the thing that need improvement is the city's and towns. Make them like the total war series and the games would be better.

I agree. The strategy mode is quite fine as it is but the battles are just annoying. In the Total War Series the battle controls feel fluid and once you learn the control scheme everything works fine. King Arthurs battles on the other hand have a bad camera control, the controls feels unresponsive and not fluid at all. Even the first Total War had better battles.

We will see as they have games made with the same engine coming out in the next two years. One is King Arthur 2 And the other is Crusader 2.

Last edited:
So true. I played the first mission, and felt like I was watching a movie. Haven't gone back since. Strategy, tactics, where are they? I should read the manual, and give it another try...

In general, I don't like RTS...

Back
Top Bottom