The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Having problems with skype. I don't know if anybody else is having this issue. Was talking last night and skype crashed and would never run again. Checked the forum on skype.com and many suggested using a compatibility mode. That didn't work for me. Another solution was to try the 5.7 beta version. That seems to be working now. Posting this here just in case anybody else starts having this issue. Event log indicates a problem with kernelbase.dll module.

Last edited:
I saw an … monstrously deformed monstrosity running around in the streets of Stormreach two days ago.

I don't know what this was, but I have an idea : I've got a cookie from the Jester of which the description says it might … transform me into a "Taken" ? Whatever this is ? Time to scare little players ! ;)

(I guess I'd get a ... "laughing attack" when I'd see myharacter transformed into ... this thing ... :lol: )

Yep. It will be a long while before you get to play with the Taken. Those (Harbinger and Reign of Madness) are great quest packs to buy when the time comes, though.

By the way - does anyone here have a few leftover greater arcane essences ?
I want to make a new shard of magic resistance - my last one dissolved into nothingness the last time I tried to apply a new shard to my belt (as described in the Bug-Post" above) … ;)

I'll see what I have next time I'm in game and drop some essences into the chest.

Thanks.

The chest is now full again, by the way. ;)

I've participated in filling it as well. ;) There are a few new things in it which I believe might be useful for magic users as well !

I'm really, really sad now.

Because I couldn't finish The Pit.

With my Drow Cleric Hireling I managed to get into the Third Funace Room, but there I had to withdraw.

I hate this quest, because it is the first one that crashes my plan to do ALL quests on solo (including a hireling at least).

If I had a staff of Feather Fall, then I *might* have done it - but my arm bracelets had this spell only 3 times.

I absolutely hate leaving behind unfinished work. :(

You can find boots and rings with permanent FF. All my chars have one. The 'mummified bat' also does the same thing. It's a quest reward from Catacombs, I think.

Mummyfied Bat ? Hm, I don't remember that thing, but thanks anyway.

I figured out that I could have used the resting shrine to recharge my arm armor.

But what makes me very angry as well is that I've lost so many good armor and weapons due to this ... "Black Pudding" ... Who'd come up with such a name anyway ??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Now I've got to repair all of these things. Which will cost a lot of money.

My biggest wish therefore just is : Get rid of these slime respawns in the Pit !
I guess I should really direct a rant towards the developers.

Track down an everbright weapon on the AH, or for that matter you might be high enough now to craft yourself one. Oozes and rust monsters can't destroy an everbright. You can also run Durks in the harbor until your eyes bleed and land a Muckbane. Remember that slashing weapons will split oozes into two smaller oozes, so it's generally better to use some sort of bludgeoning weapon.

Pull the everbright/muckbane into a weapon set (don't add a second weapon or it will get destroyed) and put that somewhere on your hotbar. As soon as you see those blobs, switch weapons and beat them to death. Shift-0 is always my ooze beater weapon, even on my wizzy, which makes it easier to swap quickly when one shows up.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate these advices.

I had once found an ... "everbright" staff of something ... I don't remember anymore what exactly it was, but it has a spell on it and I kept it.

I can craft an "ooze-bane" weapon right now, and I've seen an episode of "Crafting with Courney" where she recommends crafting an "ooze-bane" weapon.
I canÄ't find it anymore, but her episodes are here : http://my.ddo.com/turbinecommunity/category/crafting-with/

Ooze bane isn't the same as everbright, nor is it identical to the named item, Muckbane. I haven't personally tested this to be sure, but I've reliably heard that "ooze bane" does not protect the weapon itself--all it does is increase the damage done like any other bane weapon. Thus, you'll kill them quicker, but eventually your weapon will still be destroyed.

Wood weapons are safe from rust monsters, but supposedly the only weapon group safe from oozes is glass. I don't know of any glass weapons in the game other than Muckbane and Muck's Doom. *checking* Well, according to the wiki there are a few more, but they're all high level.

All everbrights get a blinding flash spell clickie, 3 times per day.

but I've reliably heard that "ooze bane" does not protect the weapon itself—all it does is increase the damage done like any other bane weapon. Thus, you'll kill them quicker, but eventually your weapon will still be destroyed.

I knew that, thank you. ;)

But an everbright weapon of ooze bane ... Wouldn't that be nice, too ? ;)

I don't know, however, if that would be feasible.

Can't do that. Both everbright and bane are "suffix" characteristics.

Okay, thanks, I've come across this suffix/prefix thing several times now.
And I must correct myself : It isn't an "everbright" item I had thought I had. The term is similar, but not the same.

Somehow I feel kind of stuck right now. If I play f2p only, then these "middle levels" have less and less adventures which are manageable (and fun !) to play. The amount of quests around the levels 5-6 becomes thinner and thinner.

I'll be doing a few quests again to gain more favour. Mostly House Kundarak quests.

I won't be doing the Pit for the next few months. ;)

Except if we all do it together. ;)

If they won't sell the earlier level adventurepacks during this holiday season (I'm still hoping for a discount ;) ), then I'll buy them (or at least a few) as they are.
I still have my points available, although it isn't exactly 1000 anymore ... only around the 980s ... But that'll be enough for at least a few adventure packs. ;)

Have you run Delera yet? That can be solo'd and it's a very good pack to farm. The necropolis series is fun (well, IMO) but there are a few quests that simply cannot be run solo. Az really likes Vault of Night, but that's because there's a raid at the end, which does you no good. Sorrowdusk isn't the most enjoyable pack, but it's got decent XP and serves as a nice bridge for that level 7-9 range if you're wanting to solo.

Ultimately, you're fighting a losing battle. It's extremely tough to solo the quests as you get to the higher levels. It can still be done if you have a strong character build and you know the quest, but even then it's still pretty frustrating. Trust me, I was very stubborn about it. I was able to solo my ranger up to level 15 or so with only occasional help from the guild, but since then he's really had to party up. Same thing with my melee rogue. He's pretty much stuck at level 17 now.

AND.......Half the FUN of the game is playing with others you know.

Back
Top Bottom