The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Remember if you have a hireling you can have the hireling bring you back to the nearest shrine to get brought back.

Theoretically I know that, but never managed to do it so far.
What steps would I have to perform in order to get my hireling doing it ?

Select your soul stone. Have the hireling "use" it to pick it up. Move your ghost toward the nearest shrine--the hireling will follow your ghost. Once your soulstone is close enough that your ghost can reach the shrine, "use" it. Back on the attack, you is!

Okay, thanks, I'll try that the next time ! :)

I found out (while chatting with … azraelck … (had to look up the name first, lol) ) that for starters, some things are different. Of course. For example the need to get good stuff for survival, and to sell unwanted things.

For example, there is a "fungus collector" named "Farrik Foe-Cleaver" in the Jorasco Enclave, which gives you for 3 x "Drowhood" I think this was the name, 3 x a … stw that works like/as if you had used the spell "strength of the bull" or how it is called.

Which can come in quite handy in some places.

Or that … Rudolf Rightman in the Market-Place … He once gave me for a rare book … I think it was called "Myths of X'endrik" or so … an impressive +1 strength belt … Of course for starters this is much more important than for later levels, I guess.

I think that the rarity of the collectible also plays a role :

If a collector wants 3 x an item, the bounty is good …
If the collector wants 2 x an item, the result is even better …
If the collector wants 1 x an item, the bounty/result is the best one, I guess. Because the 1 x item is the rarest of them …

I sell some of these items, but keep others. What would I do - for example - without those staffs for curing middle-range wounds ?

Edit : By the way, I also had some slight problems with the quiver : It showed what I call "ghost-arrows", because they were shown of being inside of the "bag", although they were already gone.
That was corrected, however, as soon as I placed new arrows into this "bag".

The first item in all containers (bags, quivers) sometimes acts funny with that "ghosting". Yet another thing that Turbine broke at some point and never got around to fixing.

I propose, to steal Peter's wording, that we ditch the CHA shrine overboard and install a bright, shiny INT shrine. INT shrines have HD capability, a higher resolution, and furthermore, we only have two remaining CHA-based casters.

Favored Souls only use CHA for spell points and accessing spell levels; as long as they have 19 at cap, they can cast any spell in their book. They use WIS for spell DC, which is the important part.

As of now, we have 3 Artificers, probably along the same build plans mostly, and at least 4 active Wizards. All of these use INT for casting DCs. In Phydaux's case, it's also his Reflex save.

So all in all, I think the guild as a whole will benefit more from an INT Shrine than CHA. Of course, when/if we hit 55 and Peter uses his lottery winnings to purchase the next bigger ship ;), we can easily fit in both. Even a DEX Shrine, for the two AAs we have. But that's not now, and I think the Wizards and Artificers who are building up in the guild have more playtime than a capped Sorcerer who only runs two raids, and a Bard who never runs at all.

Sounds fine with me, even though that Bard is mine!! :)

But but but, we'll all be uglier...

I just counted through the list standing in the MMO part of these forums :

Wizards ii
Rangers iii
Clerics iiiiiii
Bard ii
Rogue iiii
Barbarian i
Fighter iiiii
Paladin iii
Favoured Soul iii
Sorcerer ii
Monk i
„kensei fighter“ (monk ?) i
Rogue/Ranger i
Bard/Fighter/Barbarian i
Artificer/Rogue i

Kensei is to fighter what tempest is to ranger (prestige enhancement). Shadohe is a fighter class.

I think you'll find that many of the folks that posted in that thread aren't really active anymore.

I know, I know.

I just wanted to have something to count. :p

I went by the list in game. There, we have 3 Artificers, all of which are reliant on INT, Sherina, Mr Pump, and Elithrar, and 4 Wizards. Phurry, Corwinnd, Phydaux, and Zynestial (sp? on phone right now so can't check). These are only active characters.

One of the sorcerers is my mule, so doesn't matter for ship buff purposes. That leaves Sherrille, Aerii, and Ambrer as the only CHA based casters. Fireflash is a STR based melee build, and is not reliant on her spellcasting DCs. Favored Souls donKt use CHA for DCs.

I did forget Ambrer earlier, but shes not actve anyway.

Doesn't matter a whole lot to me, but probably makes sense.

What we runnin tonight? I think we've got all hands on deck. Carnival?

Personally, I'd like to do The Pit with you - once and for all.
I just want to have it done once in my whole life ... ;)

But I assume that this would be too many levels ahead of your TR'd characters ?

What about the Irestone Inlet ? Or the Gladstone outpost ? - Just thoughts.

All my 4 toons (KarlPeter, RolfPeter, Peterp and Peters) benefit from charisma. They also benefit from wisdom.

If we want INT in the guildship we can wait till we get guild level 55 when we get several more slots of everything.

Charisma is one of the most important stats for a paladin since it will boost saving throws and lay on hands. Smites are also affected by charisma. My cleric needs charisma to get better turns etc. He didn't start with a very high charisma so getting +2 cha from the shrine helps a lot. My favored soul gets more sp from having 2 extra cha.

Ambrer is occasionally active and is more a melee bard with songs than a caster. Carnival is fine with me if our caster has COLD spells!! :)

All my 4 toons benefit from charisma. They also benefit from wisdom.

If we want INT in the guildship we can wait till we get guild level 55 when we get several more slots of everything.

The MANY should outvote the 1!! :)

My toons also need wisdom. Cleric and favored soul gets bonus to DC from wisdom and my paladins need the shrine to be able to cast spells. My WF paladin started with 6 wis and has 12 wis with the shrine. That's enough to cast up to level 2 spells. Without it he can't cast spells at all.

At guild level 55 (only 2.5 levels to go) we get 3 extra small ship slots. Those can be used to add an int shrine and maybe even a dex shrine plus an electric shrine and a cold shrine (if we don't pick the dex shrine). So the best way to get the int shrine is to get us to guild level 55.

We have all the astral diamonds for the upgrade so we just need to play to get there. :)

Back
Top Bottom