The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Muckdoom is not in Durks. Muckbane is in Durks. Different weapon. I forget where Muckdoom shows up, but I'd assume there'd be an entry for in on DDOwiki.

Hm, strange, then I might have mixed both ?

Edit : Yes, you are right.

Muckdoom falls in the Pit. Yes that one.

There are no non-named glass or krystal weapons. So you can't craft one. An artificer splash might tack ooze bane onto a rune arm though. Ooze bane (and puppet) works on living spells.

Not sure Alrik, but I think I know who does resemble that trash god.....but he is out of town so no finger pointing on my part. ;)

Update 13 News:

1 - Adventure Pack: Web of Chaos

This is a three adventure F2P level 16 pack, linking DDO's Eberron world to the world of Faerun, the Forgotten Realms. Only one quest has been previewed.

2 - Upgraded Veteran Status:

New characters can be created at level 7, using an unpgraded Veteran status. This requires 3000 favor to unlock, or can purchased.

3 - Artificer buffs will gain an icon in the top corner, like other buffs.

4 - Artificer's Conjure Bolts conjures more powerful bolts at higher caster levels.

5 - Tome are kept now after True Reincarnation.

6 - Bravery Streaks are kept after Lesser/Greater Reincarnation.

7 - Blade Storms strike less rapidly, give a warning when they appear, and do less damage.

8 - End Rewards:

Adventures with unique loot available as a end reward now give a list every three completions, like Sentinels pack. Quest arcs (like Harbringer) also gives a list at the chain reward. All items in that particular quest or chain will be offered on these third completion lists.

9 - Madstone Boots:

This raid item no longer causes a loss of spell-casting ability, causes penalties to INT, WIS, and CHA instead.

10 - Dead Iron Defenders will be brought back to life when leaving a quest.

11 - The house Phiarlian Entertainer ship buff has been changed so it stacks with gear.

12 - Cannith Crafting

Unbound recipes now go up to level 20. Bound up to 150. Item slot restrictions have been reduced.

13 - Many classes gain "Lore" feats, which open up specific dialog options in various quests.

14 - Chests in Orchard of the Macabre that dropped Shield pieces, tome fragments, tapestry shreds, or sigil pieces now have a chance to drop any of these. Those chests with a specific item associated with it will have a higher drop rate for those items, but can drop any of the others.

Sounds interesting … I particularly like Number 13. ;) It adds a little bit to the role-playing aspect to the game. ;)

I have already seen such an special dialog : If you begin the Phiarlan Carnival quest chain at the stage where the entertainer climbs upon the (tamed ?) wolf, and you have 75 points of Phiarlan favour, then you get an optional dialog line, because you know a little bit more about the quest giver than without favour … At least that's how it looks like.

Edit : I have tested it : Once with my ranger (has) and once with my magician (hasn't).

8 - End Rewards:

Adventures with unique loot available as a end reward now give a list every three completions, like Sentinels pack. Quest arcs (like Harbringer) also gives a list at the chain reward. All items in that particular quest or chain will be offered on these third completion lists.
Not sure I'm understanding you. So are you saying that running Delera's 3 times will guarantee you a chance to take Carnifex (for example)? Or Red Fens sets? In other words, the days of running quests dozens of times until the item you want shows up are over?

Not sure I'm understanding you. So are you saying that running Delera's 3 times will guarantee you a chance to take Carnifex (for example)? Or Red Fens sets? In other words, the days of running quests dozens of times until the item you want shows up are over?

From what I am reading, yes. If a quest or chain gives out named items in the reward list, every third run will give a full list of those items.

mw70xh.jpg

Have we decided what we're doing tomorrow?

I picked up a +15 disable item (to go with the +15 search and +15 spot items he already had) for RhoGu so he might have a shot at being useful if we run our highs. I've got Klubbir within 1000XP of level 8 if we ended up running lows.

OK, so we're running highs. What quests? RhoGu needs all sorts of stuff- Necro4, Harbinger2, Vale- so jm and cm should probably make the choices. At least jm will have her choice of toons this time instead of being locked in to the trap monkey job.

For that matter, I could bust out Bot for a while if we needed that function covered.

Necro4 would be a bit low-level, given that Peter and me only have level 20's to bring in there. I highly doubt I'll have time to grind out 5 levels on a TRed fighter, even if she's close to halfway done with 12. Vale elites, Reign of Madness, Shavarath, IQ1 and 2, and Cannith Manufactury quests seem to be our current options.

We really haven't done IQ2 since our first lives. So that might be an option for something relatively fresh. Plus, maybe I'll get an Eardweller. :D

Don't know if RhoGu at lvl17 will do well in some of those. Would probably need to run Bot in order to survive, which isn't the end of the world.

BTW, check the guild chest Dte. I put some scrolls in there for you.

He'll do fine, you're over-estimating the difficulty of the quests. The only one that gave us trouble before was Dreaming Dark, and that only at the boss fight (as long as you could jump...)

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether I'll be there this evening. I will have something to do from the late afternoon until the early evening, and I' sure it might exhaust me. And later I need to pick up my father from a railway station.

Yesterday I did several bgger mistakes, but managed to go through it anyway :

I entered the Lordsmarch Bank, Mrketplace branch, to retrieve a certain Fresco. I'm speaking of Sharn.

My mistakes were that I went into it :

- without any ship buffs
- without any hireling
- yes, even not fully prepared with the right armor (but I changed that during the quest quickly)
- initially even without the spells of "shield" and "magic armor" or what the name was.

And yes, I did so as the Drow Wizard. Still Level 3. Or was it 4 already?

As soon as the alarm rang, Iron Defenders (sort of, I've forgotten their *exact* names) were coming. And they were fierce !

I summoned a

- Celestial Dog
- Giant Rat

to keep them away from me, and quickly fiddled aroun to avoid further heavy blows from these mechanical menaces.

I think that Daracaram devoured around 10 potions of light healing or more, got kbnocked out 10 times or so, and the Defenders came in waves of two - I never counted them, but I had the feeling as if they were "only" (bad enough !) 10 waves ? Because at one point they stopped and I could pursue the destruction of these Cannith Crystals without any intrruption anymore - but totally drowned of any spell points.

I was glad I have this "touch of the Master" spell in my quickbar all of the time - so I could defend those defenders with my twohnded greatsword with electricity amage which I hd found much earlier.

But still : The destruction of these crystals took awfully long.

In the end I managed it ! I was able to stop the alarm and get out of the whole hall at last - and that was quite a relief !

Burgundy Tir (interesting that he is named after his robe's colour) gave away many good items. Of which I chose one sceptre of which I had thought that it would fit best to my magician.

I remwember from that Sharn run we did long ago that Burgundy Tir gave way only relatively bad items - because i had compltely forgot to retrieve his reward and did so only the next day or even the day after that. I think it was azraelck who hd reported something similar : That Tir gave away only relatively bad items - because he had retrieved Tir's reward only a few weekks later …

That Tir gave me good items is to me an indication that my theory might be correct that the longer you wait to get a reward, the worse it becomes. At least I think that this might apply to the time after Update 12.

Which mkes me wonder if there is a kind of timer in geting rewards ? Are the items better the more early you get them ?
I don't know, I just wonder.

However, sometimes the pure chance also plays a role.
My worst moment was when my Tear Of Dharkaan reward list contained 3 or 4 times the same basic item ! (Will post a screenshot of that later.)

Sounds to me like you had a good time. That's a fun quest the first time you run it. In fact, several of the quests in that pack hold some surprises. Sharn holds up fairly well even after several runs, but that first time is a special joy.

I'm not aware of any timer on rewards.

Well, "fun" is a bit exaggerating … ;) I needed I think 10 minuted to get these big Cannith Crystals into small pieces … ;)
I did only ca. 5-12 points damage to them … ;)

The crystals have damage resistance to many forms of attack. To pull numbers out of the air, your 1-10 long sword does 4 point less damage per hit, or 0-6. Takes a lot longer. Those crystals have no DR for force damage, so you would have been better off spamming magic missle. Pay attention to the color of the damage numbers to get a feel for what types of damage are working and which ones aren't. Some of that is experience and some is plain-old trial-n-error.

Back
Top Bottom