Pricewatch!

Gamestop Germany currently holds kind of a "Winterschlußverkauf", too.

They are offering 20 % on games - depending on the system, and only throughout a week.
This week was for a console, but I didn't remember the name, because I was PC-interested anyway, but the employee couldn't say in which week the PC platform will have its share.

So look out.

I know Majesty 2 didn't get much love because it ends be a disappointment for many hardcore fans of Majesty 1 because the gameplay approach is rather different and much more an indirect RTS than a mix with a sim and RTS like was more Majesty 1.

But it's still a quite unique game with good points, and now I quoted there's a series of quite nice sales at GamersGate for the game and all expansions but the last recently released:
  • Majesty 2: 4.99€
  • Majesty 2 Kingmaker Expansion: 2.49€
  • Majesty 2 Battles of Ardania Expansion: 3.74€
The last expansion released, Majesty 2 Monster Kingdom Expansion, is at the standard price, 14.99€

There's no problem to skip this last for now and pick other for a rather big pack at a quite fair price, caution the difficulty is increasing with each expansion.

I know Majesty 2 didn't get much love because it ends be a disappointment for many hardcore fans of Majesty 1 because the gameplay approach is rather different and much more an indirect RTS than a mix with a sim and RTS like was more Majesty 1..

Personally I loved Majesty 2 and both expansions ... reviewed them at VGBlogger.com (original, Kingmaker, and Battles of Ardania review links).

I have already installed the newest one ... just letting Drakensang River of Time download and install before starting to play!

Majesty 2 is on sale as well on Stardock's Impulse.

2.49$ for Kingmaker expansion
3.75$ for Battle of Ardania Expansion
4.99$ for Majesty 2 itself.

Personally I loved Majesty 2 and both expansions … reviewed them at VGBlogger.com (original, Kingmaker, and Battles of Ardania review links).

I have already installed the newest one … just letting Drakensang River of Time download and install before starting to play!
That's pretty much my thought about it, at least for Majesty 2 and a part of Kingmaker. I played the full game twice, second time using much more special mixes of heroes. And I played a bit of Kingmaker and most single player maps not linked with the campaigns. Then for other reasons than the game and expansions I quit playing it. So great game for me too, despite I enjoyed a lot Majesty 1 in 2001/2002.

I recently put my hand on the Mac version of the game plus the first two expansions also released on Mac. So I started Kingmaker and get hurt how difficult it was, because I had forget most tricks I was using. So I have to replay the original campaign first but not yet because I'm currently glued on PC side with DKS ongoing and probably a bit of Fallout 3 to follow and then FNV.

The third expansion recently released will perhaps be a little different because this time you'll play on monsters side. That's a risky design bet but interesting.

Amazon.de

Alpha Protocol 10€
Mass Effect 2 15€

Great price for a great game, especially with Dead Space 2 right around the corner.
I bought it for a similar price during Steam sales at end of year and got disappointed by its beginning. I was expecting a better density of story and didn't like much the action.

On Impulse for this week end (10-13 feb) There's a special on Gothic Bundle for 27.19$

Includes: Arcania, Gothic 3 & Expansion, Gothic 2 gold

The dark side of the moon ... err, pricewatch : One idiot at Amazon Germany (Marketplace) charges 99 Euros for KOTOR 1 and for KOTOR 2 ... Insane ...

AFAIR Avencast is supposed to be quite a solid Diablo clone.

Sales on GamersGate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/offers
For €2.24 I'm considering buying Avencast. Porbably I'll get JA2 Gold as well.

That's quite a nice selection of digital downloads at bargain prices… Tempting… Thanks!

EDIT: This is what tempts me…

Crysis $7.49
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $7.98
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition $10.18
Mount & Blade $5.99

Last edited:
avencast is fun, has a little bit of action gameplay mechanics in there when it comes to rolling/dodging left and right to avoid ranged attacks like a 3rd person action game. Fun game to beat over a weekend

The German Karstadt chain still has quite a lot of Fallout 3 CEs - for 20 Euros per item.
At least in Cologne.

playing mount and blade rather than mount and blade warband is an even larger mistake than playing gothic 2 versus gothic 2 gold.

Back
Top Bottom