CoH & CoV - 5 Dev Years = 1 Fan Day

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Eurogamer has an article about CoX's new misson editor that seems to be a success.
"We are simply astounded at the response we've gotten for it," writes Miller on the official website.
"I feel like everything we have worked on has really been worth it when I see that within 60 minutes we had 360 entire Mission Arcs (each containing up to 5 missions) available for other people to play. By midnight on day one we had over 2600 arcs, and exactly 24 hours after launch we were already at 3800 arcs.
"We did some data mining of our own," he adds, "and 3800 surpasses the amount of content that we, the developers, have made for all of City of Heroes and City of Villains combined. In just one day our users did more than we could in almost five years."
Miller says fans are reviewing each other's work on the forums, furthering the star-based scores implemented in the Mission Architect tools. Players have even produced in-game advertising on posters, comic covers and machinima, we're told.
"We never expected anything like that even in our wildest dreams when designing the feature, and I think that is totally cool," says Miller.
More information.

The coolness is quite astounding. I played an arc last night called 'Bikini Samurai Vampiresses from Outer Space." Ed Wood was the contact. Plenty of good explosions, busty vampires, and supermutant zombies!

There have been some problems with folks managing to find ways to exploit the system to get xp the second they walk into the mission. Hopefully the loopholes will get plugged soon.

Back
Top Bottom