Ascend: Hand of Kul ported onto PC

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In a day and a half we'll be able to play this Xbox exclusive on our superior machine:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233630/
:)

It's an odd blend of singleplayer and MMO - the MP part is not where you play versus others nor coop, instead you trade blesses and curses. Something like that.

It's f2p. Is it pay2win? Dunno and can't find a proper post or an article on it with an explanation why it is or isn't pay2win.
Anyone tried this on consoles?

When a game has been released on the Xbox 360 with massive amounts of information and text about the game, and yet people still ask questions if this is single player (offline), MMO, multiplayer, co-op .. etc., then it is not a good sign in my book.

They talk about souls as currency (or real money instead), grinding, ..etc. and yet they say its single player then it is very confusing and suspect.

Just don't confuse (and sometimes lie to) people and say offline if indeed it is a single player rpg.

I played this on the Xbox, and it became clear that eventually the work/reward ratio was going to get bad without putting money in the machine.

From what I have seen, every game made with a budget that is f2p is f2pwin. They all make you grind eventually. And f2p grinding is not Diablo 3 grinding, it is grinding meant to feel like work. I once was punished in college by being forced to alphabetize paper files for 10 hours, and f2p grinding feels like doing that, only voluntarily.

Well I downloaded the game and played a bit last night. Wow! What a button smasher. Thanks to you Joxer, I no longer have any skin left on my mouse fingers.

However, the game does have some interesting mechanics. You can choose to ascend your character which means you have to start a new character and your old character joins the crusade whatever that means. Supposedly you can have them attack enemy's areas and defend yours but I don't see any menus to achieve that.

Its kind of cute with you being able to call the Lillipution sized humans to jump on you and take them with you to fight enemies. Hell, you can even eat them or throw them at enemies if you feel like it. Kind of gives a Overlord vibe. You gain souls from killing enemies which is a currency.

Back
Top Bottom