Sacred 3 - Available for Pre-Order

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deep Silver sent a reminder that you can now pre-order Sacred 3 for release on August 5th. Here is the full press release for those interested in the game.

SACRED 3 GEARS UP FOR GLORY ON AUGUST 5 NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

Nab Exclusive Items, Weapons And DLC In The Penultimate Fantasy Hack 'n' Slash Installment In The Sacred Universe

Larkspur, Calif., May 27, 2014 – Prepare to enter the fantasy realm of Ancaria. Today Deep Silver announced that Sacred 3 will storm into retailers on August 5 for for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows® PC and PlayStation®3. and PC. Sacred 3 is the third installment in the Sacred universe where good is pitted against evil in a timeless battle filled with non-stop action and the chance to become the ultimate hero. Featuring incredibly immersive and engaging drop in/drop out seamless co-op gameplay, players must outperform and outshine their teammates in epic battles where victories are shared, but glory can only belong to one. Pre-orders for Sacred 3 are now available with exclusive bonuses for fans in North America.

All fans who pre-order Sacred 3 will be able to jump into Ancaria primed for battle with the playable Malakhim character, who uses mysterious blood magic to combat the armies of Emperor Zane. Additionally, fans that purchase Sacred 3 at GameStop will receive the Underworld Story mission pack, the playable Malakhim character and the exclusive Z4ngr13f Weapon Spirit.

Weapon Spirits are a brand new addition to the Sacred universe in Sacred 3. Players will be able to enhance their weapons with these upgradable and interchangeable weapon augmentations, each with their own unique buffs and debuffs. Certain Weapon Spirits even take the form of previous characters from the Sacred franchise, to help aid players of Sacred 3 in their fight against the hordes of evil.

Sacred 3 features classic arcade Hack ‘n’ Slash action centered around drop in/drop out cooperative multiplayer for both offline (2 players) and online (4 players) play. The game brings back favorite characters such as the Seraphim, Ancarian, Khukuri and the Safiri, and introduces the aforementioned new character, Malakhim. Each character class features its own unique skills and weapons that can be upgraded to match the player’s very own combat style. Master the art of war and fight through enemy hordes and try to outshine fellow companions on the way to become the greatest hero of all.

Victory Is Ours. Glory is Mine.

For more information about Sacred 3, please visit our social channels:
Official Website: www.sacred-world.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sacredworld
YouTube: www.youtube.com/sacredworld
Twitter: www.twitter.com/sacred_world
More information.

The Sacred series is one of my favorites. I have thousands of hours invested in the first 2. But this doesn't interest me in the least. They really pissed off Sacred fans with the direction they took this series in with this. This quote from one of the developers was all I needed to hear to put me off. "A lot of classic RPG elements have been removed or simplified to ensure a fluid multiplayer experience.." What the hell does that even mean? Didn't other h&s games have classic rpg elements and still worked fine in mp? Maybe I can think of a few examples. Let's see. I will wrack my brain for a little while. Oh here we go. Sacred 1 & Sacred 2.

The Sacred series is one of my favorites. I have thousands of hours invested in the first 2. But this doesn't interest me in the least. They really pissed off Sacred fans with the direction they took this series in with this. This quote from one of the developers was all I needed to hear to put me off. "A lot of classic RPG elements have been removed or simplified to ensure a fluid multiplayer experience.." What the hell does that even mean? Didn't other h&s games have classic rpg elements and still worked fine in mp? Maybe I can think of a few examples. Let's see. I will wrack my brain for a little while. Oh here we go. Sacred 1 & Sacred 2.

Welcome to the club Icefire as I said the same thing when I posted the interview. The new developer has no idea what Sacred should of been.

Hint: The game was never about just Co-op play, and corridor progression.:disappointed:

Z4ngr13F? The developer chose that name? Wow, I think it is bad enough when I summon some Xbox goofball in DS II named H3ftySt00l, but now devs are vetting NPC names through gmail account creation.

Last edited:
Sorta weird how Sacred & Heretic Kingdoms came out around the same time (late 2004/ early 2005) and now both game are about ready to come out around the same time again.

Co-op only? No thanks

+1

I'm not paying for noAI products. For things like that I can go play cards with my friends. On PC having no AI is a sacrilege.

There is a niche for co-op games. I just don't see why you'd make one out of a series of single player games. You're bound to upset fans. Maybe they don't want to make a Sacred 4. The same problem holds for Dungeon Siege 3. Regardless of the quality of that game, it has almost nothing to do with Dungeon Siege 1 & 2. For that reason alone it got bad reviews and didn't sell well.

Since I think beginning of April, Gamestop here has boxes in the shops called "Sacred 3 First Edition".

This appears to be another case of a publisher who doesn't know what to do with an IP unless its been around 50 times before. In this case, they appear to be throwing their original fan base under the bus to leverage the name of the IP while creating something substantially different from what has come before.

It's all too common these days. Look at all the stupid ultima spin-offs lately along with a number of other franchises 're-imagined' stupidly. I swear, some of these publishers would re-imagine Star Wars as a contemporary Earth-bound chick flic romantic drama.

Thankfully, it appears that this object stupidity is being punished in majority of the cases MG.

Okay, back the truck up ...

No open world? No loot system (to speak of)? No single-player? Co-op only?!?

Is all that for reals or are people playing cruel jokes?

Holy jesus does this sound absolutely awful.

By the way:
Featuring incredibly immersive and engaging drop in/drop out seamless co-op gameplay, players must outperform and outshine their teammates in epic battles where victories are shared, but glory can only belong to one.
What the hell does all that mean? Your goal in co-op is to "outshine" your teammates?

I translate that to mean, "We are aiming for zero sales with this product. Please help us achieve our goal."!!! I, for one, will be giving them exactly what they are asking for.

While the game is focused on co-op, it's also a single-player game. Although the game is about two months away from release, we still know very little about it. Most of what we know is based on 2 year old previews and a short interview. The developers' comments don't fill me with confidence, but the gameplay videos have looked like fun, so I'm hoping we'll get a more detailed preview soon.

I translate that to mean, "We are aiming for zero sales with this product. Please help us achieve our goal."!!! I, for one, will be giving them exactly what they are asking for.

That is my thought - for fans of the originals, this has nothing to offer; for those with no clues about the originals, there is no real draw. Oh well ...

While the game is focused on co-op, it's also a single-player game. .

Okay, I figured the "co-op" only thing was probably not true.

However, a non-open world and a limited or missing loot system would be deal breakers for me.

Hopefully those two things have been exaggerated as well.

They probably saw how Diablo 3 removed any need to plan your character, proper challenge and instead implemented a pretty bad loot system as well as "fluent gameplay" (because that is what really counts…).

And yet it appealed to the masses.
So Deep Silver thought "Hey, we can go even further in that direction!".

Why give people a nice, juicy steak when they are prepared to pay the same amount of money for veggieburger?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom