Gothic 3 New game issues

Buglunch

Watcher
First time ever playing, Collector's edition.
1. Menu does not show version; should I patch or look on another page?
2. There are 8 lines of code running in grey text at top of screen: heaps and management stuff. How do I get rid of this?
3. During the initial fight my sword disappeared, so I switched to bow, then it disappeared. This was after fighting a bit. Do you lose your weapon during a knockdown?
I collected weapons after the fight but could only wield the orcslayer. It was beside a dead human, so probably not the one I lost. Did not find a bow on the ground. Is this scripted?
4. I sold some heavy weapons to the rebel camp trader but got no money for them. Howcome? And how do I split off multiples so I don't have to sell all of one thing at once?
And I'm not amused there is no hardcopy manual in the Collector's; how cheapNcheesy!

First time ever playing, Collector's edition.
1. Menu does not show version; should I patch or look on another page?
2. There are 8 lines of code running in grey text at top of screen: heaps and management stuff. How do I get rid of this?
3. During the initial fight my sword disappeared, so I switched to bow, then it disappeared. This was after fighting a bit. Do you lose your weapon during a knockdown?
I collected weapons after the fight but could only wield the orcslayer. It was beside a dead human, so probably not the one I lost. Did not find a bow on the ground. Is this scripted?
4. I sold some heavy weapons to the rebel camp trader but got no money for them. Howcome? And how do I split off multiples so I don't have to sell all of one thing at once?
And I'm not amused there is no hardcopy manual in the Collector's; how cheapNcheesy!

1) IIRC the menu should show the version number if you have the community patch (1.6). Not sure what version the collectors edition is, you might have to go to readme files to find out...
2) Sounds like you opened the console. The key between tab and escape should close it.
3) Yes, you drop your weapon if knocked out. Later in the game the knocker-down might take your gold and dropped weapon (this mostly happens if you lose an arena fight).
4) You need to click the button to "equalise" or whatever it is called for the trade to be topped up to equal value. Otherwise the trader gladly takes your stuff in exchange for zero gold. Note that the traders have limited gold (which is replenished a few times per week ingame-time).
4b) Either right-click or double-click (I dont remember which) to add one item at a time to the trade.

You arent missing out on much when it comes to the manual. It has maybe 2 pages amusing (but redundant) background stuff on some characters, and very little useful info on game mechanics.

Glad it works. It's a pretty decent game if one can put up with the mediocre (melee) combat.

I like it and the archery is sweet.
Need more RAM and a vidcard upgrade, though.

Back
Top Bottom