Batman: Arkham Knight

I'm not really worried about performance. It will get worked out I'm sure.

The heavy focus on the batmobile though was something I was afraid of after they announced it would be part of the game. I don't care for driving in my action games.

From official boards:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341

Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks

CODA
External PC development partner? Hopefully we'll learn if it's the same company that did Ubisoft's PC ports. Anyone wants to bet? :D

External PC development partner? Hopefully we'll learn if it's the same company that did Ubisoft's PC ports. Anyone wants to bet? :D

Outsourcing the PC port is quite normal for bigger publishers. There are developers specialized in this. Of course the quality depends on the budget.

GameStar were able to confirm the PC problems. The performance problems are huge. They posted an explicit warning for their readers on their homepage. They recommend not to buy the PC version at this time.

To be honest I was surprised with -40% voucher on GMG on this game, but now I see why is that there. Noone is paying 90€ for a broken mess!

Strange thing to do. It must be costing a significant sum in lost sales, and they could have just delayed the PC version for a week or two without too much drama.

It's nothing representative as it's too early for any conclusion, but the audience rage spilled over to metacritic too:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/batman-arkham-knight

Such low aggregated number from users (2.1) even Unity, which was possibly the most broken and most insulting port ever, didn't receive.
Apparently there is an official word on Steam forums that machines with performance problems are with ATI GPU. This is far from truth and probably a very rude PR attempt to blame it on GPU manufacturer as I'm seeing reports on pisspoor product from people who use nVidia GPU(s)!

75%? On the base price of 90€?
If I ever buy it, it better be 90%.

Now I'm tempted to buy it just to see how bad it really is. Great marketing tactic.:lol:

Hmm - Looking at Gamespot video review: they think there is too much Bat mobile stuff. I do wish someone would make an RPG with those production values though!
Somebody already has: Batman:Arkham Knight is RPG.

AK is RPG? Sure. Just as I'm queen mother of England.

PC Gamer tested the game on their machine with GTX 970 inside. The results? Not promising:
http://www.pcgamer.com/a-look-at-batman-arkham-knights-launch-day-issues/

So much for blaming it on ATI.
A sad day for modern PR where obvious code problem scapegoat was supposed to be a GPU manufacturer. Luckily, it was quickly proven as a lie.

So this site is graced by the presence of a royal body...

Okay I did deserve to be trolled :D

But cmon the issue is serious. We're talking about generally broken AAA title, a title priced close to a hundred bucks. This is bad business.

Poor game porting is happening for years now and it simply has to stop. Seems the only way to make them understand is refunds offered by Origin and recently Steam.

Well I was trying to decide if I should buy this game for PC or console. I guess this makes the decision easy.

[deleted - link already posted]

Back
Top Bottom