Krater - Win an Alpha Key!

Sounds like an interesting concept, I'd be keen to have a look and provide input for the final product.

Not trying to nitpick here, but every time you guys do these contests you get a ton of people with 1 post saying they want to enter. How do you know these aren't alt's of people already entered?

Interesting to see from other threads how many people post again after this thread.

After having worked on community/forum websites as admin/supermod I'm pretty sure mods and the news team see the ip adressess of whoever posts. (That won't catch everyone, but will catch most).

Also, I don't know the thoughts of the RPGWatch crew but sites often run contest in part as a way to attract new members. Those aren't alway active members, theres probably a percentages somewhere of drop off but there's always a possibility for new community members. So if they have such an interest in running a contest/giveaway they probably won't get active membership from people who didn't 'cheat' but got their chance to enter revoked regardless.

Just found this website today. Great reads so far. Will stick around for more.

After having worked on community/forum websites as admin/supermod I'm pretty sure mods and the news team see the ip adressess of whoever posts. (That won't catch everyone, but will catch most).

Also, I don't know the thoughts of the RPGWatch crew but sites often run contest in part as a way to attract new members. Those aren't alway active members, theres probably a percentages somewhere of drop off but there's always a possibility for new community members. So if they have such an interest in running a contest/giveaway they probably won't get active membership from people who didn't 'cheat' but got their chance to enter revoked regardless.

Furthermore, it is only reasonable to assume that a "news site" like RPGWatch is viewed by at least a hundred times the number of people who actually post here. The number of users with over a hundred post is probably only dozens from what I've observed, and yet the number of readers is certainly thousands.

The more ARPGs the better (in theory, anyway).

Been reading here for a while, finally made an account!

This game looks promising, feel free to drop me a free alpha key!

Not trying to nitpick here, but every time you guys do these contests you get a ton of people with 1 post saying they want to enter. How do you know these aren't alt's of people already entered?

Interesting to see from other threads how many people post again after this thread.
Im one of those with only one post and i could agree with you. But what you say it's also unfair in the same way. This is only my opinion

My internet is down - posted a couple of newsbits via my phone and posted this from work but it's too tedious for this situation. The Telco says 24-48 hours - you'll have to bear with me, I'm sorry.

I'll certainly post when the keys have gone out.

Krater keys have been handed out. Congratulations to:

axellslade
jaypot
Daroou
AD
Sartur
rich ruffo
Regi
holeraw
Evil Timmy
andreadandrea
Zerotown
Lurking Grue
jujukos
SpoonFULL
Heartzz
Demogorth
Drithius
Torsdag
killias2
yoshisl
bloodlover

Check your personal messages if you are in the list but haven't received your key.

Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to FatShark for the keys and we wish them well with the game.

Downloading the game right now... thanks for the giveaway!!
Hope my notexactlystateoftheart PC is able to move the game adequately... :)

this is the first ever indie game that made me wanna try it !
looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom