GOG - September RPG Special

I don't do hacks or mods usually, unless it's just a cosmetic thing or something that is truly necessary to run the game. What exactly is the purpose of this utility?

-Carn
AFAIK it does to the combat exactly what the name says. It's generally accepted that playing without Wizfast is not really an option.

Interesting that Gothic 2 and 3 are part of the sale but Gothic 1 is not.

The publishing rights for G2 and G3 are with Nordic, through JoWooD. Gothic still belongs to PB. While both generally seem to get along reasonably well, cooperations on sales are the exception.

Heh… feel free to try playing it without Wizfast :p Just be sure to bookmark the download page for later. It speeds up combat turns.
Specifically, it speeds up the combat animations for the critters. That makes battles go much quicker. The "as coded" animations are sllllloooooooowwwww. Given the amount of time you'll spend in combat, you're not going to want it to be pointlessly drug out.

I'm a hack/mod purist, too, so I understand your reluctance, carnifex. I've got more time in Wiz8 than anyone at the Watch by a fair margin and honestly there's probably only a handful of folks anywhere that have me beat (all hail Wolfie and Jandrall, wherever they are) --trust me on this one and get Wizfast. ;)

Sounds like something necessary then, I think I'll use it. Assuming I can figure out how to install the thing, lol. Once I finish M&M 7 that is, I'm still having a blast with that one.

-Carn

WOW, I'm missing about 5 of those games . . . .

nah, not really, I too have all of em. However, I got a new rig and I'm thinking of putting Gothic 3 on there - But I'm trying to decide between Steam of GOG. Gothic 2 worked quite well on Steam (put in 180 hours on my 3rd play through)

An it might just be worth paying 2 buck to have Arcanum in my digital liabrary. Being the collector that I am.

Ok, got Wiz 8 ready to go now (just finished M&M 7, which was excellent!). I also grabbed the Wizfast mod, but I've no idea how to install it to Wiz 8.....do I just copy it into the game and run it? Sorry for the questions, but as far as computer knowledge goes, finding the onswitch is where I peak =)

-Carn

So much affection for Septerra Core … I'm still sad it didn't get a sequel.
I agree, but Valkyrie Studios were shut down and god knows who holds rights now.

Interesting that Gothic 2 and 3 are part of the sale but Gothic 1 is not…

There seems to be something different about the rights to G1 from G2 and 3. I originally signed up on GOG in 2008 just to get G1. Later, it was removed for a while and now it's back. I'm sure there's an interesting story behind it.
oops, looks like I missed Gorath's explanation.

Last edited:
I didn't fill in the few gaps ... since everything not on GoG I have on either Steam or GamersGate. But it was a great sale :)

Back
Top Bottom