Satellite Reign - Iron Man Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Version 1.03 of Satellite Reign fixes some bugs and adds some new features:

Greetings Agents!

It’s been one week since Satellite Reign was released! Thanks again to all our backers and everyone who has supported the game so far. We appreciate all the feedback and bug reports you’ve provided, and hope that you keep it up.

We’ve got a whole bunch of new additions and bug fixes in this update. Let’s start with the new stuff!

Iron Man Mode

For those who want a bit more of a challenge, we’ve added the option to start a new game in Iron Man Mode. This resets an agent’s skills and XP upon death. This option—along with the following—are only available on new games, and unfortunately cannot be used on existing save games.

Ultra Damage Mode

If Iron Man Mode wasn’t hard enough, we’ve added Ultra Damage Mode which multiplies the damage dealt as well as received by roughly three times! You’ll down enemies much quicker, but you’re just as vulnerable as they are. It’s a much more brutal and on-the-edge experience for those who are gluttons for punishment.

Slow Down Time Ability Unlocked

We’ve had a lot of requests for a ‘Real-Time with Pause’ feature. We felt we had covered this with the ‘Team Stims’ ability for the Support agent, which slows down time allowing you to issue orders at a more leisurely pace. Admittedly, it takes a while to unlock and fully upgrade this skill, so for those who wanted to to have it available from the beginning, we’ve added a new game option to fully unlock this ability. We hope this is good news for those of you who want to take their time contemplating their next move.

Bug Fixes

– Various navigation improvements
– Various mission fixes including VIP respawning
– Various fixes to buggy vehicles and traffic
– Fixes for ziplines dropping agents out of the world
– Fixes for looping sounds persisting after game loads
– Fixed various sounds not being affected by volume controls and sounds which should be localized but were infinite.
– Fixes for billboards not breaking correctly
– Various other minor fixes

Additions

– Iron Man Mode
– Ultra Damage Mode
– Slow Down Time Ability Unlocked
– Added achievements for hacking data terminals and ATMs
– Added option to invert mouse panning, panning speed also decreases when zoomed in.

Translation into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Czech is still on the way and we’re hoping to roll them out in a few weeks. We’ll notify everyone with an announcement when that happens.

We’ll be continuing to fix bugs as they come. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy these new additions to the game!

-5 Lives Team.

More information.

"We hope this is good news for those of you who want to take their time contemplating their next move."

It sure sounds good to me! This doesn't make the game too easy, does it?

"We hope this is good news for those of you who want to take their time contemplating their next move."

It sure sounds good to me! This doesn't make the game too easy, does it?

People that complained don't care :D

As for me, I will be waiting for a 50% Steam sale :D Cheaper and with patching done :D

This never ends.
The expectations of players toward this product are unclear. The offer in "ugoigo" party based products is large, much larger than the offer SR is supposed to belong to (this offer amounts to a fistful of products)

What could SR offer that does not exist in the "ugoigo" offer?

The story is not a selling point. Players cant claim they want to enjoy a gripping, emotional, involving or whatever quality. SR does not offer such a story.

The gameplay: devs hung a postsign, they want SR to be played in a certain way, they backed that decision with design measures.
Besides, so far, the gameplay is a failure, there's nothing here to explain an irresisting attraction to the product.

For references, time given to players to take their decisions:

Out of combat, when trespassing on a corporate compound on the lowest level of alertness, eventually, the patrols find players when they camp. It takes quarters of hours. Actually, the devs set a safeguard to prevent players from farming the automatic money collection feature, SR goes in the menu page at a few minutes. This safeguard usually ticks way before the party is found.

When trespassing on the highest level, it takes minutes before, as the level might be reset to the lowest level, that's back to step one.

In combat, when in cover and not returning fire, it takes dozens of seconds to minutes for the enemy to destroy the cover.
When in cover and returning fire, it takes dozens of seconds for a PC to be downed.
When in the open, it takes more than a dozen seconds to be downed. And the decision here is straightforward: move the PC in cover.

And that discounts the use of abilities to boost health, armour etc

The settings: other products share similar settings.

Shadowrun, that was released one month ago or so fits the demand.
It is "ugoigo", party based and set in a cyberpunk thing.

Players often have more products than they can play. Could they just walk away, taking notice SR is not meant for them?

This never ends.

Actually Chien, if you use Ultra damage mode none of what you write regarding combat is accurate anymore. So you might get what you want to? Oh NOO! This game is pretty damn good, and the OPTION to have the time stopping ability from the start doesn't mean you have to use it. I sure as hell won't take that option, but I might use both Ironman and Ultra damage on my second run...

It is not about what I want, this is about how things are.

People, these days, have trouble respecting chronology.

The devs received a lot of requests to introduce a pause and order feature.
These requests were based on versions that did not include the ultra damage mode and on the feeling that more time was needed to decide.
Providing a time frame put a context to the requests.

How this simple report was warped into myself wanting something is a mystery.
The idea that the ultra damage mode could have been introduced to correct the length of time allocated to decision making is amazingly entertaining.

On the use of the time slow down skill: the use of it is determined by which playstyle a player wants to use. It was not meant to substitute to pause and order feature.

In SR, two main dimensions: stealth and compactness. The player can choose to go more or less stealthy and to scatter more or less the party on the map.

The builds are determined by these two dimensions.
For example, going less stealthy means operating in a limited strike way (close a perimeter, clear the opposition within the perimeter, secure the objective, run away)
This way of doing calls for the use of certain skills, augmentations, weaponry etc over others.

That is the same for the slow time skill: it is here to meet certain demands associated to certain play styles.

For stealthly approach, the slow time skill might come handy to perform silent executions at the same time. Stealth demands to perform four silent executions at the same time, the ability helps to that end.

Or compactness. Operations support multiple insertion points. Puppets might be sent at the front gate to operate as a bait while in parallel, the party is introduced elsewhere. Or the party itself might be split in different places of the infiltrated compound, all operating at the same time.
In other words, multitasking.

As long players do not get involved in the level of stealth requiring simultaneous executions, run multiple operations at the same time in different locations of the map, the gameplay calls for no use of the slow time skill.

I just meant that the Ultra damage actually adresses one of youe main concerns (at least that's how I understood you?) about the game, which is shooting behind cover. I actually think most of your points are valid, and I'm not trying to have an argument with you.

I for one fins the time stop abililty mostly annoying, I would prefer it if we could get the buffs from it but without the time slowing down. But if people want to use it that's fine. I prefer to go stealthy simply beacuse it's more fun, and then the ability is of limited use, I don't have the guts to try and perform several stealth kills simultaniously.

Developers are hinting at a possible cooperative mode, but won't make any promises.

That sounds positively delightful to me. It could be a fantastic shared experience.

I just meant that the Ultra damage actually adresses one of youe main concerns (at least that's how I understood you?) about the game, which is shooting behind cover. I actually think most of your points are valid, and I'm not trying to have an argument with you.

Shooting behind cover was never a concern.

Devs reported they received a lot of requests to implement a pause and order feature in the game.

Players , to justify their request, claimed they were not given enough time elaborate their decision making.

We’ve had a lot of requests for a ‘Real-Time with Pause’ feature. ...
We hope this is good news for those of you who want to take their time contemplating their next move.

A commentary provided the durations that are left in game for players to take their decisions.

The range goes from quarters of hours to dozens of seconds.

All of the durations are a lot of time.

There was obviously nothing to argue about.

There was a question to be answered tough.

How does it come that devs received lots of requests to implement a pause and order feature when the basic design gives already so much time for players to elaborate their decision?

As an addition, it must be noted that the game has a pause feature. So players who want to give more thoughts to their move can pause the game.

What caused players to send requests for a feature that nothing calls for?

That's simpy, becuase they THINK they want it. I find that if I screw up no amount up pause will help me save the day, if I don't screw up pause is not needed.

But if some players want it...why not? Retorical question Chien, I know you dislike the mechanic.

Once the action starts, pause enables you to plan your response carefully. That's especially helpful when the situation hasn't been foreseen.

It's hardly rocket science.

But if some players want it…why not? Retorical question Chien, I know you dislike the mechanic.
Once again, tastes and likes should not be discussed. From this simple statement, it follows that the question is irrelevantly answered by a matter of taste.

The question is not rhetorical.
The basic design gives players a lot of time to process situations and elaborate the associated decision making. Shortness of time cant be used as a justification.

The introduction of a feature is not always neutral. It might work in favour of or against the intent.
Why not? is thin. Where does it stop? In a racing games, players want to remove the requirement of steering. Why not?
In a flight simulator, players want to remove gravity. Why not?

The pause and order feature is uncalled for.

Once the action starts, pause enables you to plan your response carefully. That's especially helpful when the situation hasn't been foreseen.

It's hardly rocket science.

As an addition, it must be noted that the game has a pause feature. So players who want to give more thoughts to their move can pause the game.

The pause and order feature is uncalled for.

If someone wants it, why not. Just because you feel you have all the time in the world if you're an experienced RTS player doesn't mean others feel the same way. You really have to stop "knowing" what everyone else can and cannot do.

I sure as hell understand why someone wants it when your soldiers have no AI and will stans still if you don't order them to atttack. And what if you want to them to attack different targets? Then I would use a pause feature, but since I tend to focus fire that's not necessary. For me. But if that's how people want to play, let them, this is not objective no mather how much you claim it is, it's always subjective.

If someone wants it, why not.

Already answered that. The introduction of a feature might not be neutral. A feature might work in favour of or against.
No reason to support the introduction of a feature that works against.
Just because you feel you have all the time in the world if you're an experienced RTS player doesn't mean others feel the same way.
It has nothing to do with feelings. Time durations were stated. It has nothing to do with experience in RTS. It is only the time durations here.
And obviously, others feel that the system does not provide them enough time. They sent requests to the devs.
Acknowledging that others feel otherwise, painted as dismissing them feel otherwise.
You really have to stop "knowing" what everyone else can and cannot do.
Who's that everyone else. So far players who sent their request are involved. This is hardly everyone else.
I sure as hell understand why someone wants it when your soldiers have no AI and will stans still if you don't order them to atttack. And what if you want to them to attack different targets? Then I would use a pause feature, but since I tend to focus fire that's not necessary.
Was Satellite Reign experienced? From those statements, doubts are allowed. As it is hard to see how these things are not amply allowed in the version.*
For me. But if that's how people want to play, let them, this is not objective no mather how much you claim it is, it's always subjective.
Passing time is hardly a subjective thing.
As for the rest, it is answered: introducing a feature is not forcefully neutral.

Back
Top Bottom