Dragon Age 2 - PnP Ruleset Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From BioWare's Dragon Age site:
Who wants to get their old school, pen and paper gaming on? The new Dragon Age Set 2 pen & paper RPG is now available from the fine folks at Green Ronin games.You can order your boxed edition, or download as a .pdf version today. Also, if you are attending GenCon, stop by the Green Ronin booth #965 and buy it there.
Order your copy of Dragon Age Set 2 pen and paper RPG from Green Ronin.
More information.

Hmm, how odd. I would've moreso suspected something like this to pop up in the heyday for DA:O versus the more action'ish direction DA 2 took and lost some folks at.

At a glance, I'm guessing people are not allowed to make any free or commercial projects beget from purchasing the items?

There was a ruleset release in 2009 for DA:O as well, it's the Set 1 on Green Ronin.

Too bad, Dragon Age could be dead and Bioware just another ea lacky if they screw up Mass Effect, also.

I recall them playtesting this thing while the new boxsets of NWN were still being released by Atari. They talked like they abandoned D&D for it.

I wonder if those linguists and anthropologists they hired to make it a realistic new world are paying off...

The title is misleading Dhruin…

Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Set 2

The product expands the ruleset to cover characters from level 6-10, kinda like an "Epic High Level" supplement. It expands the system from "set 1" thus "set 2". It have nothing to do with the game "Dragon Age 2".

So, there are already 2 rule sets out now for Dragon Age 2 ?

Seems like one ruleset divided in two sets.

It's like the old PnP D&D boxed sets from the 80's with basic rules in the first set for low level characters (the "Red Box" edition), then another set/box of expanded rules for more advanced characters of higher levels, etc. It's still the same rule set, the base of it if you will, the sets after the first only add or build upon that base.

Back
Top Bottom