Requital

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Excalibur Publishing bags the publishing rights to Requital…which means, “repay by good or evil!”
Banbury, England, May 27, 2007 – Excalibur Publishing, a leading publisher of original and innovative products for the PC are happy to announce that they have licensed from Russian developers Akella, developed by Primal Software, the publishing rights to Requital; a single player, third person view, combat RPG adventure set in an ancient brutal world ruled by superstition, sword and sorcery.
Your Story Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher. You now have your freedom and there is only one thought on your mind – revenge! All you remember about the person who ripped your family apart is the weapon he used and the mark on his hand. Your quest is to find him and make him pay for the death of your family with his death - by your sword.
Before you can repay the evil that was done to you and your parents, you must wear a mask of friendship to all those that you meet on your travels. The only way to get the information you need is by offering help to others. You will have to perform a variety of tasks, spend time building up your skills, weapons and armour, as well as training yourself by fighting lesser enemies.
Danger lurks all around these lands not only from the living but also from the undead! Always keep your best weapon close to hand!
More information.

Well, looks like Requital is coming out pretty soon - anyone going to be playing it? Doesn't look like there's been a lot of interest in it around here - I read an old thread where people were mostly scoffing at the silly premise, but after I read the interview with the developer where he speaks about the ancient Russian setting I got more interested. I also saw mention of there being a demo but couldn't find any links to a demo, just to a couple of gameplay trailers... and Wolfhound does look oddly like the Nameless Hero of Gothic... maybe that's what's attracting me to it...

I wouldn't mind giving it a spin. There's always a chance with a game like this that it will a one of a kind experience, like Divine Divinity or Evil Islands. Odds are against it, but sometimes when you gamble on a small developer you can win big. :)
It is due out really soon. I'm surprised there's no demo, but it may yet be coming.

Interesting project. The plot look quite like "Conan the Barbarian". Combat RPG is propbably a good description, as one can see only combat-oriented attributes and skills in the game:

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/requital/screen/Requital RPG.jpg

What seems the most promising is the plot that revolves about the revenge - this is a very good idea, suprisingly almost not utilized in major CRPs.

Interesting project. The plot look quite like "Conan the Barbarian".

The movie Wolfhound aka Volkodav was shown at the Fantasy Film Festival over here in Germany recently. It's indeed reminiscent of movies like Conan, Red Sonja, Krull, Ladyhawke or even those oldschool european fairytale films. The music reminded me a lot of Divine Divinity (surprise, surprise ^^).

Wonderful, rough atmosphere, refreshingly different from the puffy soft fantasy Hollywood has brought us after LotR (Narnia, Eragon or Dungeons & Dragons ... yuck).

It's already out here in Germany; I saw a box a few days ago.

So'...er'....whatever happened to Requital? - is there any progress for english versions? - September 2007 has quietly passed by, is it available from somewhere "unknown" - would be grateful for any further info other than the Excalibur website.

The week before the September release date i flashed it on the game.uk web page and it showed for a week then disappeared?

I saw it on sale in Kingston (England) in Game. Sure I read somewhere it was a pretty horrible game though.

The few things i read about it were rather mediocre.

The movie Wolfhound aka Volkodav was shown at the Fantasy Film Festival over here in Germany recently. It's indeed reminiscent of movies like Conan, Red Sonja, Krull, Ladyhawke or even those oldschool european fairytale films. The music reminded me a lot of Divine Divinity (surprise, surprise ^^).

Wonderful, rough atmosphere, refreshingly different from the puffy soft fantasy Hollywood has brought us after LotR (Narnia, Eragon or Dungeons & Dragons … yuck).
The land is breathtakingly beautiful, evoke Peter Jackson's "the Lord of the Rings". Indeed, the hazardous pike crossing scene influential towards the finale is telltale LOTR's Mordor landscape, with forbidding pebbly crags and angry gray sky, while the processing plant and plains scenes make terrific fritter of Russia's dazzling vista. This should make it palatable for those who enjoyed LOTR, unless they are domineering fanboys spit batty at the paucity of dwarves. ;-)

The land is breathtakingly beautiful, evoke Peter Jackson's "the Lord of the Rings". Indeed, the hazardous pike crossing scene influential towards the finale is telltale LOTR's Mordor landscape, with forbidding pebbly crags and angry gray sky, while the processing plant and plains scenes make terrific fritter of Russia's dazzling vista. This should make it palatable for those who enjoyed LOTR, unless they are domineering fanboys spit batty at the paucity of dwarves. ;-)

holy revival of old threads Batman!

Back
Top Bottom