Your favorite game music / themes / composers?

I liked the music in Outcast, especially "Oriental Spirit"; that track suited the area in which it was played very well. Outcast soundtrack
Might and Magic IX also had some nice music. Yes, the game sucked but the music was actually pretty good.

Hi again btw, all you sneaky rogue types ;)

The Realms of Arcania series. Unmatched, imho.

Turrican=Chris Hülsbeck :lol: ! Yay for the link, Arhu!

I heard he recently published his first downloadable-only album.

Alrik, are you a secret Necro?!! :) This thread is nearly 4 years OLD!!!!

Yes, I currently am. ;)

No, I thought that since so many people had such a high opinion of him, I thought this might be interesting for some people.

Definitely so, young man. Definitely :).

Another non-RPG, but I still mentally play tunes from the old NES Mega Man games. Specifically, 2 (Wily Castle stage 2 IIRC), 3 (theme, Protoman's Theme), 4 (Brightman), and 6 (can't recall which stage).

Stones is another favorite. I've been meaning to try and learn to play it on guitar. I actually have a couple freely released versions on the drive, I sometimes put onto mix CDs.

Finally, I actually enjoy listening to the old Bard's Tale tunes. I even like the DOS versions as much as the C64, but then that may be because I've heard the DOS versions so many times. Particularly Spellsong, from BT2.

The later nXile Bard's Tale has some amusing songs as well, which is about the only standout thing about that game.

Sadly, I have no clue who composed any of these songs.

Edit* didn't notice it was a necro'd thread. :p

Edit* didn't notice it was a necro'd thread. :p
But the necro was deliberate and justified because Alrik found new info on a topic which obviously was interesting for at least one VIP. ;)

You know, I'm allowed by the statutes of the UU to be a … "necromancer" …

(Wrong book. Read Unseen Academicals" if you don't understand what I just wrote. ;) )

Back
Top Bottom