Pricewatch!

I forgot that Square Enix bought the rights to the Dungeon Siege franchise. It was funny seeing it in that list since I worked on the cinematics when I was at Gas Powered Games.

If you haven't played Just Cause 2 - definitely do that. It has all sorts of silly fun.

Last Remnant is half off. Anachronox is 75% off.

Great Steam Deals:
Divinity: OS -40%
Lords of Xulima -25%
Expeditions: Conquistador -30%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -80%
The Last Remnant™ -50%
Devine Divinity: -80%
FINAL FANTASY VII -50%
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -80%
Anachronox -75%
Avernum 4,5,6 -80%
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart -80%
Divinity II: Developer's Cut -80%
Dark Scavenger -40%

The Steam sale prices for Square/Enix all seem to be on Amazon, too.

I think I read somewhere that they were in financial trouble. Something about the last Tomb Raider not bringing in all the money in the world like they counted on or something. I wonder if they're trying to drum up some business to cover that.

I think I read somewhere that they were in financial trouble. Something about the last Tomb Raider not bringing in all the money in the world like they counted on or something. I wonder if they're trying to drum up some business to cover that.

Actually tomb raider exceeded expectations and they are making another. So if their in trouble it wasn't tomb raider.

http://http://www.gamespot.com/articles/once-an-underperformer-tomb-raider-nearing-6-million-in-sales/1100-6418162/

I think it's connected to that lousy Final Fantasy 13 that was ported on PC.
One of the worst games I've ever played. The price of that garbage shouldn't be more than a buck.

It was lousy on XBox 360, too, but tons of folks bought it anyway. Me included.

I doubt this is a financial thing. It's just a sale. Get the games being played and, when people see other people playing them, they'll buy it too. If you're just one of the jillions in the seasonal sales, though, will it really have much effect? Put it in the middle of nowhere and you can get a lot more attention. Sounds like a smart move to me. Maybe that's why the previous two Steam sales were a bit so-so?

Not according to the new financial results from this year.

Link - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-profit-doubles/1100-6425111/

They were in trouble last year because they spent more, and earned back less, or to put it another way their games sold well, but didn't make what they forecasted.

Last edited:
Universal Combat: Collector's Edition is free on Steam. It's all the UC and Battlecruiser games rolled into one. Seems they plan on fixing up the graphics and re-releasing the game later on and want to use this to build up some hype.

There's also a 12+ minute trailer. Well... game footage to music anyway. Did I mention free?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/345580/

JDR, what's the gameplay like on this? Is it character skill or human skill? LOTF

JDR, what's the gameplay like on this? Is it character skill or human skill? LOTF

It's player skill, and it's very similar to Dark Souls but, from what I hear, without such an extreme level of difficulty. There are a few Watch members who have been very positive about it.

*Edit* I just purchased it. I'll try to post some impressions later if I get around to installing it today.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear comparisons to Dark Souls - especially in terms of narrative and exploration.

Ot. Speaking of. Salt and sanctuary looks pretty good (2d dark souls).

Also apatheon is out. Any impressions yet ?

Ugh! I would probably suck at it then. Oh well :(

I'd love to hear comparisons to Dark Souls - especially in terms of narrative and exploration.

Aye me too, the bolded part. I like good combat but after a while it gets boring without good narrative and exploration. I am looking at you Shadows of Mordor.

Back
Top Bottom