The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Oh, I still need to adapt all of my other characters as well ...

Did a test run with my rogue (11) but had to take level first. I was not happy. Used my free LR first but I think I may wait to use the LR 20, run her out somewhere and see what I like and don't like. Then do the LR when I have an idea how these new enhancement really work. Some may not be worth the points it takes. Man this is a pain in the backside.

You might not need a LR on a Rogue. For casters, they have a new skill tax, but for non-casters it's mostly the loss of Toughness being worth the feat slot. Most, if not all, of our characters can swap that out with the free feat swap. Rangers are an exception, because their old PrE's had such heavy feat prereqs. On Iji's build, I'm having trouble finding feats to fill all the slots now!

I should find out the last bit I need to know for her LR. Mirys has taken enhancements, for Friday, but will still need an LR to get to full. I'll likely do that Saturday if I'm off work and we've taken 9. The rest will get adjusted as I can. I know Aneiria only needs a feat swap, maybe. Cairii and Aerii both need rebuilds. Pump as well. Suisaidh's old build is completely broked over; animal form hybrids are no longer viable. This makes her a chief candidate for swapping to Cleric. Fireflash also needs a rebuild I think.

I've done the update this morning, but I haven't logged in yet. I'm not really sure what I should work on, since I don't have a lot of time left before flying home. I'll probably just try to get my level 8 Arti ready for Friday, assuming that's what we plan to run. I still have 3/4 of a rank to go before reaching level 9.

You could use the free LR to get a chance to respec your artificer. E. g. it could be good to add skill points into spellcraft. The toughness feat isn't so important anymore either. I still take toughness on my fighters since I have enough feats, but not for my other toons.

I see no point in using an LR this early before I know what really needs to be done. Most stuff for an Arti should be straightforward.

I haven't tested the dps of his offensive spells, but expect them to be slightly weaker.

I LR'ed Suisaidh into a Cleric. In actual fact, your offensive spells should be more powerful, by far. Prior to U19, Clerics had no Force (for Blade Barrier or Cometfall) or Fire spell power. Naked, Suisaidh had 74. 75 after I realized I hadn't used my pre-purchase ticket and could get a Spellcraft tome. In addition, Divine Disciple gives Universal spell power, and you can push it further through enhancements.

I got Klubbir's crap picked out. Winged it. Probably sucks, but don't really care. Mad at Turbine, me is. She's at the same spot as Corwin's toon- 1/4 thru final rank of 8.

I learnt about some bugs yesterday

Electrical traps in Missing party were invisible. Thus harder to time. Traps seem harder to find too. Level 4 pug rogue didn't find the boxes. Same problem in VON5 electrical traps.

Other bug is an exploit. It seems like twisted epic destiny abilities work at heroic levels. I saw a ranger cast healing spring, primal scream etc in a level 2 quest

Last edited:
Right now, as with every update, the game has more bugs then a roach motel. I think the consensus is we just take enhancements on our level 8's. Then we are ready for Friday at least.

Once we all get to 9 we can take our time and take the level and play it by ear if need to use the LR.

I don't know about "very", but I'd be disappointed if we couldn't manage to get the Old Man and I over the hump by mid-session. It might take more than just a Chrono raid and Devil Assault run to rack up 17k XP.

I'm late on my MM10 write-up, so I won't get anything else done before Friday in DDO beyond the enhancement window shopping I did on Klubbir last night.

My fighter will need a LR to get rid of quite a few feats he took to qualify for stalwart defender. He will become a kensei instead now.

I think he has a rank or so before he is at the wall. Not a big deal if he hits the wall before we are done with the level 6 quests. He can live with that.

Edit: I checked him yesterday and he is at the beginning of rank 44. So I guess he has almost 2 ranks to the wall

Last edited:
Servers are down again for yet another hotfix. There are quite a few bad bugs out there. One of the worst is that you don't get the special end reward for completing your 20th raid run. So going for the Cleansing stone in the Shroud is a bad idea until this bug is fixed.

A good thing about the expansion is that half of the new quests give favor for the purple dragon knights. This means it should be possible to reach 375 favor with just epic hard. That is good because with 375 favor you can upgrade the raid loot from caught in the web and even get dragon armor like the red dragon armor with scales from Vault of night 6 and other quests.

Before you had to do almost all the PDF quests on epic elite to get 375 favor.

It's everywhere the same. The latest Update of SWTOR has introduced some brand-new bugs never seen before as well (such as alignment-requirement for armor that didn't have alignment requirement before). Just be glad that stuff like this isn't in DDO, too. :lol:

Servers are down again for yet another hotfix. There are quite a few bad bugs out there. One of the worst is that you don't get the special end reward for completing your 20th raid run. So going for the Cleansing stone in the Shroud is a bad idea until this bug is fixed.

A good thing about the expansion is that half of the new quests give favor for the purple dragon knights. This means it should be possible to reach 375 favor with just epic hard. That is good because with 375 favor you can upgrade the raid loot from caught in the web and even get dragon armor like the red dragon armor with scales from Vault of night 6 and other quests.

Before you had to do almost all the PDF quests on epic elite to get 375 favor.

I'll add that the new quests are all available as Heroic, as well as Epic, difficulties. Thus, we can hit them on Heroic Elite, netting full favor for them.

I'm waiting to see if the devs nerf/remove the Kensai centered with focus weapons enhancement, that's the basis for so many Monk/Fighter builds popping up, before finalizing Fireflash's build. They don't want anyone having fun.

This has no effect on Iji's build, which uses Monk levels and the newly purchasable stance feats, but will be using Zen Archery to remain centered.

Mirys needs to ditch Toughness and take Spellcraft and Heal skills. That's it.

Code:
Race: Elf
Class: 1Rogue, 2-7Ranger, 8-9Monk, 10-20 Ranger, 21-28 Commoner 

STR 13 (5) (+2 Tome)
DEX 17 (8) (+2 Tome) (+ Level Ups)
CON 14 (10) (+2 Tome)
INT 14 (6) (+2 Tome)
WIS 11 (3) (+2 Tome)
CHA 8 (0) (+2 Tome)

1 Dragonmark of Shadow
3 Point blank Shot
6 (Monk) Dodge
6 ?Extend?
8 (Monk) Zen Archery
9 Adept of Forms (?)
12 Master of forms
15 IC: Ranged
18 GM of forms

Ninja Spy (5ap)
Acrobatic (3ap)
Core 2 (2ap)

Shintao (14ap)
Deft Strikes (6ap)
Iron Skin (6ap)
Core 2 (2ap)

Arcane Archer (30ap)
Core 4 (4ap)
Conjure Arrows (2ap)
Force Arrows (6ap)
Inferno Shot (6ap)
Terror Arrow (2ap)
Paralyzing Arrow (2ap)
Arrow of Slaying (2ap)
Runebow (2ap)
Banishing Arrows (2ap)
Smiting Arrows (2ap)

Deepwood Sniper (5ap)
Core 2 (2ap)
Increased Empathy (3ap)

Elf (15ap)
Core 2 (3ap)
Dragonmark focus (3ap)
Lesser Dragonmark (2ap)
Greater Dragonmark (2ap)
filler (5ap)

Here is Iji's build. Theoretically, I'll be looking at x4 crits on the bows, with GM Earth, as well as additional HP and PRR. DPS is assisted by Ninja Spy and possibly Assassin SA enhancements, and she'll have at least full UMD. Shintao will grant an additional 20 positive spell power and 10% Healing amp, and I can grab another 30 positive spell power from Deepwood with ease, since I've left open plenty of ap to tweak with.

Defensively, she''ll benefit from having extended displacement from the dragonmarks, as well as some stacking Dodge from Ranger and Monk levels (I think it will be 8% but I'm not sure) and more dodge from, well Dodge (3%) and 3% more from Ninja Spy enhancements. This is naked.

I've still got to tweak skill points, but I may be able to swing full trap skills, though I'll have to lose out somewhere due to the Monk levels lacking enough skill points to keep up double ranks in UMD, Search, and Disable. I'll have the level 3 spell Wild Instincts to buff up spot should that fall down some though.

Saves should be better, and I'll have 16 levels of Ranger so FoM as well as Cure Critical.

I could sacrifice trapskills and UMD for a 14/6 monk build, or go 12/6/2 for more dps, some more defense, but less healing and buffing.

Level range taken is based on LR20, not a good leveling order most likely. Monk at 8 due to using tome to qualify for Zen Archery.

Combat Archery should be doable at 21, assuming it works. If not, then I'll figure something out. For melee, the monk levels mean I can do TWF unarmed pretty well.

Elf points I could only vaguely remember that it cost 15ap to hit the greater mark. I pointed out what I'll take, and fill in the rest as I go.

I have enhancements applied to all my active toons. I am holding off LR'ing any of them till I see how things work, but the ones I've tested seem to work fine, and I haven't seen an urgent need to LR any of them.

Jhianna (cleric) is able to use her longsword again after taking a level & getting the Follower of the Sovereign Host feat (used to be an enhancement). Ran her with Jo's Sherina, and she seemed to work fine. I will probably GR her to make her a 32 point build eventually (give her more INT to help with the skill tax), but not right away.

Bryahna (ranger) seems to have turned out very well, but I'll have to test her more to be sure. The elf racial enhancements are very nice for a ranger, so I think I'm going to be quite happy with her. It looks as if they may have fixed the paralyzing arrow toggle bug … at least I didn't encounter it. Took her on a solo run into Gianthold & it was very effective.

Elysanna (arty) also seems to be working ok. TBD till I run her on some quests at level. I'm the least happy with her, as the enhancements split between the trees is messing up what I had wanted to do with her.

Lyahnna (rogue, Friday toon) is now a Rogue Mechanic, rather than an assassin. She can use repeaters now, which should make her more effective in ranged combat. She has gained on her essential trapping skills, though lost on some of her sneak related skills:

- disable +3
- hide -14
- move silently -3
- open lock +6
- search +6
- spot +5

She will get some additional boosts once she gains another level or two. Her rogue skills boost will net her +6 instead of the old +4, once I take the last level on that enhancement. I haven't had a chance to test her yet, but based on her stats, I think she'll work out well. Her Mechanic enhancements give her Greater Heroism as an SLA, and it requires no spell points, which is rather nice.

Back
Top Bottom