RPGWatch - Malware Reports

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As you must have found out by now, we are flagged by Google to host malware, which could do naughty things with your computer.

This is incorrect, we are not hosting malware. The 'detection' is related to the way things are set up at RPGWatch related to ads. They have been removed for now and we are waiting for Googe to finally finish the review to remove the warning, after which we'll solve the ads issue. I'm sure we'll survie without them for some time :)

More information.

I hope soon, miss this site when i am at work where it is completely blocked.

Yeaph me too (blocked at work). Good luck, this is the best RPG news site out there.

Perhaps you could sell t-shirts to make up lost revenue:
I SURVIVED THE 2014 RPGWATCH BLACKOUT!

Seems to be all sorted now - thanks for looking into it.

To be fair to google, some of those ads can be a nightmare. I remember one Christmas, about 4 yr ago, a Java-exploit rootkit got into the ad cycle on another respectable gaming/tech site, and I had to spend several days dealing with it. I remember thinking "Why does <site> need Java all of a sudden..." and then Canadian Pharmacy redirects kicked in :(

Thankfully Java is now rather more strict about running code, and browsers are more sandboxed. Hopefully RPGwatch will be able to get revenue some other way, or hook up with an alternative ad provider?

No blocking for me today too.When told by Firefox this is an attack site i asked to continue to the page.It opened a new Firefox tab as well which was about malwares - badwares etc but i couldn't find some kind of option to send a report that this is incorrect.Anyway it's good that the matter is sorted out.Wouldn't want to miss the best by far site for my beloved rpgs

I'm also glad not to be blocked anymore. I've caught and had to remove malware before, so I'm glad the google protection exists. Too bad it doesn't work well with
the adds on this site.

I will take this opportunity to agree that this is the best RPG news site ever.

This wasn't the first time I had saw it flagged - either last year or so I got the same message about the site possibly hosting malware. It was only there for a day or so, then back to normal.

I run Firefox with NoScript, so probably wouldn't have been at risk for a javascript exploit, but these days you never can tell what exploits are out there. Who would have thought that Bash was vulnerable after all these years?

Back
Top Bottom