Dragon Age 2 - Mark of the Assassin DLC Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Chris Priestly has announced a new DLC for Dragon Age 2, titled Mark of the Assassin and due for release on October 11th. This story-based package appears to be a vehicle for Felicia Day, with her Dragon Age: Redemption character Tallis taking a central role:
We are very pleased to announce the next Dragon Age II story based DLC, Mark of the Assassin!

Hawke meets a mysterious female Elvin assassin named Tallis, voiced by the talented Felicia Day, and joins her to steal an ancient relic from an Orlesian Baron in his well-guarded estate. A cross between Varric and Isabela, Tallis is a rogue who introduces a new fighting style to add more variety in combat. Get up close and personal with her deadly skills or stand back and pick off enemies with her ranged combat abilities.

Mark of the Assassin features new items, new enemies and monsters and new environments as well as giving players the opportunity to experience a new, tactical way to play with the return of Stealth gameplay. Plus, along with the new environments and monsters, you will learn more about the Orlesians and Qunari.

Mark of the Assassin will be available for download on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on October 11 for $9.99 or 800 Microsoft points.
You can watch the first trailer here at Gametrailers.
Some further comments from Chris in the announcement thread:
Yes party members and otehr DA characters will appear in Mark of The Assassin.

Tallis is the character that Felicia Day plays in Redemption, so there will be lots of character ties.

Like Legacy, you can play Mark of the Assassin at any point in the game once you have reached Kirkwall and your house.

Keep in mind if you have questions, Mike Laidlaw is doing a live chat about Mark of the Assassin and all things Dragon Age tomorrow at 1pm MDT (12 PSt, 3 EDT).
More information.

Last edited:
Since they are making more DLC, it means that people are buying them i suppose. Weird :p. When the games core mechanics are bad, DLC won't make it any better.

will this add stealth gameplay to the original game or just the dlc? not having stealth in the original was a terrible omission. one of so many. if it does I might be able to get past the 1st chapter in a replay. maybe.

When the games core mechanics are bad, DLC won't make it any better.

I totally quote you: they could spend their time (and money) in something better, like a HUGE DLC that tries to make DA 2 something similar to the first game... But we all know that it won't happen.

I suspect a good deal of this is that they had a bunch of plans in place and are following though come hell or high water. Felicia Day (creator of The Guild web series) was contracted like a year ago to create a short web series for DA2. I think it was supposed to launch in June or so but was delayed apparently so they could create some DLC to go with it. The only good thing about that is she at least seems very passionate and enthusiastic about it so that may translate to better than average fare.

I did not hate DA 2 and enjoyed it though I did have quite a few problems with it. I'm not sure I'm going to pay $10 for DLC unless it provides some good value. I would hate to buy it only to find out they reused the same maps again to create it.

I liked DA2 somewhat, but I have no interest in a $10 add-on.

I'm amused that in the press release they say "the talented Felicia Day" just in case anyone reading it was unsure of her talent. Press release says talented, so there you go!

Felicia Day was at Emerald con here in Seattle earlier this year. This was just prior to the release of Dragon Age 2. She mostly talked about The Guild, but she did talk a little about DA2. She seemed really excited about it. At the time, I was too. Now I kind of feel embarrassed for her.

What figment said is correct, they contracted her to do a some live action story about an elf in the DA universe quite some time ago. It was well before DA2 came out and honestly I don't even know if they were very far into making it when she did her filming so I don't think it ties into the main DA2 story much if at all.

Actually, the Hawke stuff and the DLC part is new and I guess that is there attempt to tie this elf's story in and make it relevant, otherwise you're just getting some live action mini movie about some random elf.

I've played and finished Legacy DLC and liked it. Played it in hardcore difficulty, fightings are fun and challenging in this difficulty. My only complain is the console style end boss fight. By the way, copy paste places of the main game are gone, which is a plus. Also parachuting foes are gone, there're traps that you can use to your advantage. Also there're some puzzles (but too easy) to diverse the gameplay. Storytelling and voice acting is top quality as always. I'm waiting for this DLC.

I would have waited to buy all the DA2 DLC at some point when it all goes on sale very cheap via Steam, but it seems you can only buy the DA2 DLC from EA's Origin service.

Maybe Origin will sell them cheaply a few days before releasing some sort of DA2 "Ultimate Edition"?

I would have waited to buy all the DA2 DLC at some point when it all goes on sale very cheap via Steam, but it seems you can only buy the DA2 DLC from EA's Origin service.

Maybe Origin will sell them cheaply a few days before releasing some sort of DA2 "Ultimate Edition"?

Doubtful. DA:O's never went on sale as far as I know and I don't think the ME series ever did get an Ultimate/Game of the Year/Gold/Velvet/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit edition.

They may not even do one with DA2 unless they get really desperate to try to squeeze a few more copies out the door.

Bioware still doing DLC? I thought someone petitioned to put a stop to this travesty.

Bioware still doing DLC? I thought someone petitioned to put a stop to this travesty.

It's EA's mandate that all of the IP they own be turned into 'year round businesses'. Don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom