The close-ups of the game manual in the unboxing video that Morrandir linked to, starting at about 16:10 :) .

OK, fairly big spoiler regarding the new hero based also on close-ups of the Risen compendium in the unboxing video.

On Patty's page we learn that after defeating Mara -and contrary to the old nameless hero who decided to settle down and fight no more- she was hungry for more adventure and joined her brother who was one of the last remaining pirate captains.
After acquiring a treasure map from a strange pirate, together they went on a quest to search for that treasure in a place called the Crab Coast.
Patty could never forgive herself when she had to bury her brother at the beach…
However, they reunited after Bones brought the brother back from the dead.
Fighting evil from thereon became a personal matter for Patty and so she became a heroine who always just wanted to be a pirate.

^ so I'd guess that Bones is the culprit why the new nameless hero has lost his soul. Looks like Bones struck a deal with a Shadow Lord and in exchange for his life, the poor sap had to leave his soul at the door.

not huge spoiler but an annoying one. Damn it PB, I prefer to be nameless hero and i don't want you to define who my hero is now :(

I didn't buy Risen 2 cause I couldn't play a pure mage and I won't buy Risen 3 either unless a pure mage is viable!! Why developers shun a large section of the RPG audience by not having casters is totally beyond me. I loved G1-3 and enjoyed R1, but PB have lost me again. How can they claim to be returning to their roots when they don't have a pure caster option!?!

Who says being a pure caster isn't an option?

Yeah mages are back now.

Another Twitch gameplay stream.

I haven't watched all of it but got some infos about magic: There are 2 types of magic. First type is equipable where you have an "item" you can equip. The item shown was a "Fire Fist" making the hero shoot classic fireballs. The second type are spells (e.g. for opening locks) where you need resources (like crystals) for casting.

You know, looking at that, I think it might be possible to play a pure mage if you use your companions as meat shields. Since mana is no longer an issue and your use of certain spells is only limited by cooldowns, you can pretty much spam away, roll to the sides to avoid getting hit, and let the companion tank for you or serve as a distraction while you wait for your cooldowns to finish.

I have been reading the german WoR forums through Google translate, and what doesn't make my head hurt seems to indicate people who have the game are pleased.

I haven't seen anything about "pure" mages, because it seems one equip slot is reserved for a sword. The one faction that has pure mages only lets you join the guardian part, from the descriptions on R3 website. Though you eventually get access to "the most powerful spells".

I personally don't mind the sword/spell hybrids, that seems the most fun anyway. I just hope the second "slot" can be switched quickly and used often. Otherwise the cooldowns on spells could kill the fun of the magic aspect, if they were like pistols in R2.

Argh, decided to finish my Risen 2 gameplay before Risen 3 arrives only to discovered I don't have my save anymore because I forget to backup it when I was forced to reformat my PC...

Argh, decided to finish my Risen 2 gameplay before Risen 3 arrives only to discovered I don't have my save anymore because I forget to backup it when I was forced to reformat my PC…

Congrats on your dedication to get your save point back :)

For once I would like to see one of these games but having you starting as a pure mage, and if you want to learn weapon usage you have to go through hoops and only be able to do that halfway through the game!

Argh, decided to finish my Risen 2 gameplay before Risen 3 arrives only to discovered I don't have my save anymore because I forget to backup it when I was forced to reformat my PC…

If you are playing on Steam, and had cloud storage activated for Risen 2 then you should be able to recover your saves.

If you are playing on Steam, and had cloud storage activated for Risen 2 then you should be able to recover your saves.

Hmm can you do that for Risen2 ? I tried to look for that option but did not see it present for Risen 2. It works for Skyrim.

Btw the cdkeys people have now put up the bloody price to £30!, i should have pre ordered it when it was £20 :(

I pre-ordered it a few minutes ago from GamersGate, but I ended up paying full price. I had one of those -20% codes they sent to me in an email last month but it didn't work for some reason. Oh well…

Did you receive the Steam key from GamersGate yet?

Just checked GG, serials are added it seems. Didn't click on show button yet so I can post a screenshot:

25jcnba.jpg

Oh it's available for preload too?

Okay I'm gonna use those keys immediately then!
Although it unlocks 3 days after you in EU. :(

I was, but I don't have any icon for cloud storage for this game

Thanks joxer. It seems I've received mine as well.

Preloading now! :excited:
Preload already available? Probably I will start soon I arrive at home but need to finish 2 first (at least will give time for roll some patches first...)

Humm, I guess the pre-load now is only for US customers, here in Brazil not started yet (my release time is the same as the european one…)

Edit: ah, appeared now, guess was only a hitch of my client

It's not US only, preload is working on my side too (EU).
No need to rush anyway, it's 4.8 Gb so if they let you to start preload tomorrow it's still okay unless you're on dial-up. :p

So whats the verdict on the game then by our US brethren? Don't tell me you haven't finished the game yet :p

Also any Russian watch members here?

Back
Top Bottom