More Din's Curse questions

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel
I played the Din's Curse demo. I need an ARPG fix to tide me over until Diablo 3 is released (a long fix this will need to be obviously). I bought Torchlight during the big $5 sale, but it just isn't doing it for me due to a lack of multiplayer. I hated Titan's Quest, so I won't be resuming that game. Sure, Two Worlds is cheap now, but the reviews were none too favorable, and Rise of the Argonauts is not much better per the reviews. I have Diablo 2 reinstalled, but the low resolution gives me fits.

I enjoyed Din's demo, and appreciate the dynamics besides dungeon crawling. However, the levels all seemed to look the same and had an overall lack scenery (barrels, furniture, other props). Does this remain the same in the release version? Are there any other drastic differences between the demo & final version?

Thanks in advance. It is possible I may have a hard time with any of the ARPGs simply because it's not Diablo.

Thanks in advance. It is possible I may have a hard time with any of the ARPGs simply because it's not Diablo.

Recently I tried replay a little Diablo 2 and the only good thing that survive the years is the story telling. Graphics and they very low definition became hard to bear, the controls became very old and quite awful in comparison with modern games like Torchlight and Din, the fights don't compare well at all to those of Torchlight.

For Din it is in another category, it's not about exploring fancy levels but only to manage quests and defense of town. I doubt you'll find in it your standard Diablo clone. For Diablo like I would advise you apart Torchlight that you didn't like, there's Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. But well, no multiplayer, no random, fights probably not as deep than in Diablo 2. More RPG than Diablo 1&2, still good action. Not a known CRPG but it worth the play, a good one.

Back
Top Bottom