Grim Dawn - Modding Tools Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
At the Grim Dawn forum it has been announced that the game now has modding tools. You can find them in your installation folder or download them here.

Modding Tools are now Available! (V1.0.0.3)
With our latest game update, you can now delve into Grim Dawn's development tools and create your own content! The potential here is tremendous and we here at Crate are excited to see what the community comes up with.

The Modding Tools Guide is included in your installation folder, but can also be downloaded here. We highly recommend that you check it out if you are interested in modding Grim Dawn as it contains some important information on getting started.

Good luck and enjoy!

This update also includes some changes to the game. For the full list, see below:

V1.0.0.3

[Major New Features]

• Modding Tools are now available. You can find them in your Grim Dawn installation folder. These are the same tools that were used by the dev team in the creation of Grim Dawn. You can use them to create new items, new masteries and even entire new worlds. Their vast potential is now in your hands!
  • Celestial Powers now have their chance to activate scale based on the assigned skill, with longer cooldown abilities having up to a 100% chance to trigger.
[Tech]

• Fixed WeaponPool attacks not working with Chance on Enemy Death autocasts.
  • Fixed lag hovering over certain weapons.
  • Added cooldown reduction to displayed cooldown values on skills.
  • Basic weapon attacks are no longer added in between casts for zero cooldown skills after a disruption attack.
  • Fixed Detail Map centering bugs.
  • Added error messages to the Riftgate map.
  • Fixed being able to sell stacks while not at a merchant.
  • Fixed transfer stash tabs being unlocked for hardcore characters when buying them on normal characters.
  • Fixed certain debuff type skills on items not working with Celestial powers.
  • Fixed certain skills being able to trigger multiple Celestial autocasts in multiplayer.
  • Fixed inconsistent achievement synchronization for GOG players not using Galaxy.
[Game]

• Fixed an issue with the Servant of Empyrion and Follower of Uroboruuk Achievements not unlocking. This fix is retroactive for characters that meet the requirements.
  • Fixed an issue with the Nemesis Monster Infrequent Shoulders only dropping as one of the two possible versions, at level 80+.
  • The Ocean of Blood achievement now requires 500000 monster kills
More information.

Interesting. I've yet to check this out but IMO one of the ways to make a game great is to allow the community to build upon the base provided. It gives a game longevity which helps cement it's lasting appeal.

Maybe not in this case, as I said I've not looked into it, but I get the feeling that we're approaching the end of the golden age in free modding.

-kwm

If the tools are user-friendly, this a popular enough game that we should see a decent amount of mods. Time will tell.

I hope someone makes a mod for no respawn. I hate respawn.

I hope someone makes a mod for no respawn. I hate respawn.

That would have a big effect on the game since it basically requires farming for things. It could also cause problems like not being able to farm for XP in order to take on and pass a point one is having trouble with.

Basically the a lot of the game is designed around the respawning, simply disabling it wouldn't be a good idea.

Instead something like not removing the player's portal when exiting the game would help you skip those things you don't want to fight again without the possibility of causing all those problems.

Also while at it, the player should be able to teleport to their open portal, to equalise single player and mutiplayer/co-op convenience (like co-op players being able to have multiple portals open at once).

Back
Top Bottom