DA:O Kudos to Bioware, I was one of those that doubted.

Dragon Age: Origins

Damian Mahadevan

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor
Not only did they maanage to create a great sequel to BG2, they managed to also do NWN right into it and to top it all off they even managed to not be so ridiculously predictable unlike KoTOR.

Kudos Bioware, Kudos.

Speaking of Neverwinter Nights….

9766005828134089.jpg

It's been a lot of years, but isn't that a ring from NWN2?

My biggest grip with KoTOR was the story, they pretty much revealed the plot twist like an hour or so into the game.

I still doubt but I haven't played much yet. Though the more I play the more I like it I think. I have to play more before making an opinion though.

I am enjoying many aspects of DA and I think it's the best Bio game I have played (I have not played BG1 or BG2 but played everything after them, starting with NWN).

I have to say I am not blow away by the story yet. I love mysteries, plot twist etc. I am big sucker for them! So far I think I can guess what is coming. I am partly blame for that since I used hang around in Bio spoiler boards! Even then I am not blow away by the magnitude of some the things. I really hope I am wrong :)

I loved BG/BG2. I hated NWN and never got NWN2 nor ever will. Yuck.
And I loved KOTOR(s). And Mass Effect. Jade Empire? I loved that one too. And I love everything and everyone but hate NWN.

If this is more of NWN than BG/KOTOR, then I definetly won't buy this.
So will someone tell me please… In this game can you revisit already explored areas? Do you have your own house/tradingpost/castle/spaceship (like in BG/KOTOR/ME) or you have a tavern in some area you can't return (NWN)? Or perhaps you have nothing and your job is to kill everything that moves just because some lousy story asks you (Diablo, another yuck).

If this is more of NWN than BG/KOTOR, then I definetly won't buy this.

BG1/2 with the possiblity of user created modules.

So will someone tell me please… In this game can you revisit already explored areas?

Yes and No, most areas you can.

Do you have your own house/tradingpost/castle/spaceship (like in BG/KOTOR/ME) or you have a tavern in some area you can't return (NWN)? Or perhaps you have nothing and your job is to kill everything that moves just because some lousy story asks you (Diablo, another yuck).

None of them, you got a camp that you can access via the overworld map.

Well, this game is like Baldur's Gate merged with Neverwinter Nights. It is better than NWN's campaign, I don't know if it's good as Baldur's Gate yet.

I've just started it. I have only one word: WOW! And by that I don't mean World of Warcraft.

… Do you have your own house/tradingpost/castle/spaceship (like in BG/KOTOR/ME) …

The Warden's Keep could be used as your base after cleared it from nastiness. And due to a given quest you have an option put a trader in it. Not sure any others benefits as my character currently very busy elsewhere after acquiring the castle.

Damian and Remus, thanks! I got the answer, DA is obviously not NWN and that means I'll buy it for sure. :)

But not yet, I'm still all over Planet Alcatraz. If a day was 48hours long I couldn't play everything I want to in the same time. :(
Besides... I've recently finished Risen... And still plan to play Farewell to dragons, Divinity2 (eng) is near, Venetica also, then Mass Effect 2... Eschalon book 2... When will I make enough time to play 'em all (and I do want all of those). This is not good. They're releasing 837456834 games I want in mere three months after a long drought.

I loved BG/BG2. I hated NWN and never got NWN2 nor ever will. Yuck.
And I loved KOTOR(s). And Mass Effect. Jade Empire? I loved that one too. And I love everything and everyone but hate NWN..

I agree, NWN 1 was total crap, especially when compared to Baldur's Gate. I never played any of the expansions though, and a lot of people tell me those are much better than the OC.

I agree, NWN 1 was total crap, especially when compared to Baldur's Gate. I never played any of the expansions though, and a lot of people tell me those are much better than the OC.

Nah, I disagree here. NWN1 was a real goldmine, thanks to all the modules created by the players. I may agree that NWN1 OC was total crap, but the SP modules created by the players provided great stories, different worlds, sometimes great character... and basically unlimited hours of play. Many persistent worlds were also pretty good with the tools that let people become dungeon masters.

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules

The thing I really missed in NWN was the feel of controlling a full party of adventurers. It was more like you just controlled one uber character with a few sidekicks tagging along.

Yes, the expansions were a lot better. It was the free community content of some fantastic modules that made the game worth every penny.

I didn't like NWN1 at all, and Dragon's Age is definitely more BG than NWN. NWN2 was better than NWN1 though, specially Storm of Zehir.

Back
Top Bottom