What games are you playing now?

Playing Doom and Destiny now, totally mindless and lots of fun. After doing the Shining Forces games last month, this one is a real treat. I may just have to try more of these types.

Playing Starpoint Gemini 2 right now… starting with the Origins story line, which is the story line from the original SG1 game placed into 2's 3D engine. The Origin's story line is supposed to be harder so I guess I'll play that at normal difficulty then crank the difficulty up when in play SG2's storyline.

The game has gotten quite a bit better since I tried it at release in September. The only bugs I've noticed have been minor ones and the enemies are fighting back far more effectively. You can make quite a bit of cash fast if you're willing to do some dull trading but exploring is more fun, IMHO. I think the developers provided a lot of the voice acting for Origins/SG1 but honestly they are doing about as well as the voice acting in SG2.

I'm still trying to decide if it's an action RPG or a hybrid RPG/space sim.

I'm playing some XCom with Long War mod, too, when I feel the need to punish myself. ;)

I've decided to finally complete GTA V after owning it for 3 platforms. I think I'm around 66% through it.

It really is a technological marvel - absolutely beautiful.

If only Rockstar could make a serious game with plausible characters and set it in a world with such care given to it.

I mean, it's entertaining enough - but I just can't help feeling like I'm playing in an angry teenager's version of society, with some college-level satire thrown in.

Still, it's pretty impressive in terms of what happens on screen, and what CAN happen on screen.

Considering getting into GTA Online as well.

After having fun romping through Half Life 2, I decided to reinstall F.E.A.R. ... really still such a fun game, and it scales very well onto newer hardware and looks great. Fun, still creepy :)

Started messing around with Spaceforce: Rogue Universe HD.

Not quite sure what to think of it yet. I find the visuals and music to be above average, but the writing is hit or miss, and the voice acting is pretty bad.

It's been a long time since I've played any kind of space sim though, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Started messing around with Spaceforce: Rogue Universe HD.

Not quite sure what to think of it yet. I find the visuals and music to be above average, but the writing is hit or miss, and the voice acting is pretty bad.

It's been a long time since I've played any kind of space sim though, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Did you play Freelancer or Privateer?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on how it measures up to those.

Coincidentally, I installed Freelancer this week as well. I haven't had time to play it yet though, and I never played it back in the day.

I just hope it runs ok in Win 8.1

Started season pass scamware FC4. Mentioned - finally bought it because the season pass scam was $0 on sale.

First impression - it's FC3 in a new clothes (hawaiian summer changed into tibetian winter) with a few new tricks. But nice ones to be honest, just to mention shooting while driving or sailing, "autopilot" to a map mark and using elephants to pwn mobs.

The sound bug (actually sound driver vs directx glitch) is not fixed yet so I had to deal with that thing first, but again as with TW3, it's not something game developers should fix but M$. Or not, it'll probably be automatically fixed within upcoming win10.

Is the game better than FC3 remains to be seen, the story start looks promising, I just hope there won't be vehicleracing sidemissions idiocy in this sequel - the only part of FC3 I hated and never completed.

I spoke too soon about my great love for New Vegas. Legion Assassin respawns are ruining the experience.

I spoke too soon about my great love for New Vegas. Legion Assassin respawns are ruining the experience.
Actually I loved that part!
Just to say - norespawn mod won't stop them appearing as them chasing you is story/script related and is based on your actions. While I can't hate respawning more than I do, this one is there not "just because" but it's you who triggered it and now have to deal with it.

Coincidentally, I installed Freelancer this week as well. I haven't had time to play it yet though, and I never played it back in the day.

I just hope it runs ok in Win 8.1

It runs fine in Win 8.1 - though I believe you need to tweak a bit to get it to run properly in widescreen resolutions.

There are many mods out there, but I recommend just sticking with the vanilla version.

I actually never completed it, but I played it a LOT in multiplayer with friends. It was fantastic, even without a story in multiplayer.

But Privateer remains my favorite space game.

You'd probably find it too old and quaint now, but it was made during those magical mid-90s, where some of the best games came out.

It was a tremendously successful mix of story and freeform gameplay. Great atmosphere too.

- Everquest 2
- King's Bounty: Dark Side
- The Witcher 3
- Demise: Revelation

Actually I loved that part!
Just to say - norespawn mod won't stop them appearing as them chasing you is story/script related and is based on your actions. While I can't hate respawning more than I do, this one is there not "just because" but it's you who triggered it and now have to deal with it.

I installed the low frequency mod. The grenade rifle makes short work of them but as a game design element it is obnoxious. It is literally every few minutes. The games has so much going for it in terms of exploration and with all the lethal inhabitants already in the game why upset it so blatantly? I find this game altering 'feature' pretty ill conceived. The fact that they run at you going 50 mph and are unavoidable is ridiculous.

Eh?
No... The new group spawned after many days passed from the last spawn in my game. But I didn't use any mod.

Eh?
No… The new group spawned after many days passed from the last spawn in my game. But I didn't use any mod.

I fought a group at right outside Repconn Headquarters and again on my attempted run to safety at Camp McCarran. Same day, maybe 2 hours later game time (5 minutes real time). 3rd group hit me on my run to Foxtrot after 6 hour rest at McCarran. 15 minutes later realtime.

I installed the low frequency mod. The grenade rifle makes short work of them but as a game design element it is obnoxious. It is literally every few minutes. The games has so much going for it in terms of exploration and with all the lethal inhabitants already in the game why upset it so blatantly? I find this game altering 'feature' pretty ill conceived. The fact that they run at you going 50 mph and are unavoidable is ridiculous.

Yeah, this is one of my least favorite parts. It's not as annoying as the completely pointless Talon Company/whatever good guys encounters in FO3, but it still feels like a half-assed bit of world "interaction". New Vegas has failed to keep my interest. It just doesn't feel as open as FO3; almost every region on the map feels like it only exists for one quest or another, rather than a place for you to explore when you stumble on it. Maybe that's just me.

It's just you. Sorry.

It's just you. Sorry.

It doesn't bother me as much as him but the world is laden with invisible walls. Pretty much everywhere you climb. He has a point I don't know why you are so quick to dismiss. New Vegas is a polarizing game. People love it or hate it.

It is definitely more structured than fo3, which adds more depth. That's a good thing in my book. The dlcs have better exploration btw, in particular new world blues.

It doesn't bother me as much as him but the world is laden with invisible walls. Pretty much everywhere you climb. He has a point I don't know why you are so quick to dismiss. New Vegas is a polarizing game. People love it or hate it.

I actually quite like it, but I'm in much more of an open-world mood at the moment, and it's just not scratching that itch.

I just picked up War for the Overworld from the Steam sale, so I might switch to that for a bit and see if I'm feeling more New Vegasy later. I've still never explored half of the expansions.

Back
Top Bottom