Primordia - was this ever discussed?

Ragnaris

Sentinel
I did a quick search in hopes I might find some discussion regarding this indie I discovered about a week ago. Steam had a sale on it today at 75% off from the $10 price tag, so I was thrilled and immediately purchased it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YvWQi_5fsw

There's not much that I know about the game, other than it's an adventure indie title. Gameplay videos really caught my eye, and the way the game worked allowed it to quickly jump to the top of my most wanted list.

I'm roughly 20 minutes into the game. So far, your character (named Horatio Nullbuilt, a robot with a human heart, distinct personality and all) is working on his ship (seems like an airship, cannot fly), and you're attacked by a machine which steals a glowing blue gem or sorts (you're not sure what relevance it has, or what it is). After being unconscious (or rebooting?), you awake to a destroyed ship and you attempt some repairs.

It's got a very steampunk setting. What I think really sets the mood, though, is that you feel alone. You may have a sidekick with you (named Crispin, who is a floating robot with no limbs who your character built), and often times there's a lot of chatter and bickering between the two that makes for comedic enjoyment, though I can't help but have this feeling of helplessness and feeling alone - and it's great.

It's a nice break from all the rpgs that I've encountered along the way that tell me "you're destined to be great" or "go here, adventurer, and acquire +20 sword of awesome, if you fetch me chicken eggs".

There is nobody around to help you. You are alone. It's also enjoyable to me when I start to wonder "Why am I here? Where did I come from?", and I know absolutely nothing about my character. I'm discovering bits and pieces along the way with what I can salvage.

Remember, this is only within the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay in the starting area, so I don't know what else to expect yet. But it has definitely set the mood, and the wonderfully made soundtrack really breaks the boundary for keeping you involved. At least, I think so.

And, to help give you a better idea of the game, I took a quick video of me talking to Clarity, one example of a key character in the game. Fraps made the video a little darker than it should be (curse you!), but you should be able to read and see everything just fine. I didn't bother with editing or fixing the resolution much, just a quick video conversion and upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5niuBUcSag&feature=youtu.be

On a side note, while talking to a haggler bot, he said to me "I'll trade this water chip for a G.E.C.K. if you can find one.". Fallout nod there. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom