Two Worlds - v1.5 Patch Info

I consider the one click looting an interface improvement, and while I might agree on the first and third lines, I can't see how giving weapons unique names is a bad thing, or a "bow towards action RPGs"?

i am going to give this game a try .. this 1.5 version looks ok. As for level scalling i think its not implemented in every area just ramdom encounters - but i might be getting it wrong though. I really dislike level-scalling :(.
We are having the game in Czech rep already with 1.5 patch now ... at least its what the distributor says ... i am quite puzzled over this. http://www.jrc.cz/index.php?a=2&id=GQJ1000101
I hear they also reworked the item stacking bonuses in 1.4 but i do not know how exactly. This was another feature that made me not to like the game at the first glance. Ill give it a shot and will write a mini-review of the game here.
see ya

So tell me, is it now a good time to buy the game? This is the reason why i waited. The bugs seemed to be as numerious as in gothic 3... Only difference is that two world team is atleast trying to fix them.

I can't see how giving weapons unique names is a bad thing, or a "bow towards action RPGs"?

I see it as kind of a legacy ... I've learned in Blizzards Action-RPGs that everything that was especially worth beared so-called "unique" names.

However, since I didn't know this pattern, I was quite surprised to find it in BG1 and in rare cases even in Wizardry 8 (if I remember correctly) as well ... and in IWD.

This might've been common in (A)D&D games or others, but I nevertheless found it odd.

In D2 and in LOD I learned that giving sometzhing "unique" names was a way to "pay" the gamer ... - the character. Since it has become so much popular, I consider the feature "unique names" as a thing every action game took from the games that sold most. I doubt that current developers would take and incorporate inventions made in let's say Wizardry 8 into their games, because Wizardry 8 is uncommon and unknown compared to what Blizzard released.
Which means that gamers - knowing only these megasellers - would not recognize an invention take from Wizardry 8, but they would very well recognize an invention taken from any of the best sold C-RPGs. This "recognizement" would add to the playability ("plug & play") and therefore add to the sales, I assume.

Only people already knowing Wizardry 8 - in this example - would really *benefit* from an invention taken from it into a current game by recognizing it and let it help them to get faster into the game ( I call this the "plug & play effect").
People "grown up" with what Blizzard did on the other hand would probably moan and complain about something they don't know.

That's the pattern I see here.

Giving weapons unique names is quite an ordinary thing in fantasy literature and games. I don't see how it makes a game more action.

I can kinda see your line of thought (though I don't really agree), and I especially disagree in this particular case. TW had a bunch of weapons called, for example, "Longsword" but there were at least 5 variations within that group... which is bad for the stacking system, since you need to look closely to figure if two things would stack. This way, the stacking is much easier, so that's one plus. The other thing is, well, I feel that it adds to immersion. (To elaborate, I don't expect all the names to be on like Blizzard's; so for example, instead of 10*shortsword, you'd have a gladius, a baselard, a wakizashi etc.)

So tell me, is it now a good time to buy the game? This is the reason why i waited. The bugs seemed to be as numerious as in gothic 3... Only difference is that two world team is atleast trying to fix them.

Every single patch so far has forced a restart (at least if you wanted to actually experience the benefits of the patch) so if you want the best possible experience I'd wait until they confirm that the final patch has been released (which 1.5 might very well be).
All in all I'd say that their support is pretty good and that they deserve an A for effort but it should also be noted that the forced restarts show a lack of foresight and that it seems like they didn't put too much thought into the "patch-ability" of the game. A lot of German gamers are not amused at all that they had to restart the game after every patch so far.

Okay, I see.

New update:

LESS cluttered minimap - I am not entirely sure, that it's really the case, but I seem to be finally able to navigate solely with a minimap. It's still uncustomizable, but it seems to only show what's really near the player.

Skill bonuses back in business - The rings and robes with +to some school are back from the dead. This is important, cause while they seem to add feebly(+1/+2), they count in spell requirements and spell power. The skill bonuses are really varied and again more logical (an attempt in 1.4 still resulted in illogical skill bonuses, like +to archery on plate armours). On the other hand, magic staves have been repaired and now add 1 to a school level(no infos yet on how it goes - if it goes - beyond the maximum level). Archmages staves DO NOT offer +to school, only lower staves (with appropriately lower willpower/school requirement).

Magical vendors are selling interesting stuff - it appears, that magical vendors sell - apart from the previously mentioned boosters and add damage gems - also the enchanted items. What's so interesting about it? These are no longer just robes staves or rings. It can now be anything, from magical quivers, to enchanted armour. What's really important, they sell it at very low levels, even when other traders are not yet familiar with the enchanted equipment.

New Old Boosters - all boosters are now sometimes available at vendors, thus they have been reduced in stacks. While first of each will - as before - affect given entity by 20% or 2, each next one will add 10% or 1 to this number.
The progression now looks like this:
1 card: +20%/+2 to entity
2 cards: +30%/+3 to entity
3 cards: +38%/+3 to entity
4 cards: +44%/+4 to entity
5 cards: +50%/+5 to entity
6 or more cards: same effect as 5 cards. No further increase. Tested on: summoning booster, damage booster, mana saver.

Paralysis? What paralysis? - so you enter the arena.... you smile viciously as your pumped-up, iron-clad, undefeatable warrior opponent charges at you... Then, with a single finger flick, you break his stride by few simple spells... like, say, Dead Hands... or Freeze Wave... or Chains... And now you have him, surely, now he will fall from your mighty Necropower!
NO!
This time, first hit of anything damaging(spell, melee, archery, summons...) - and the frozen/immobilized being is FREE - the spell is broken! You can cast it again, sure.... But you won't be able to bash completely defenseless target... Munchkins in multiplayer MUST DIE!
PS. All this works in similar fashion in Singleplayer. Now those spells function solely as crowd control, or selective foe-browsing .

Quest update: Karga Clan Camp - The entrance to Karga Clan Camp is now exploit-proof. The teleport is located OUTSIDE of the camp, and additional precautions were taken against "teleport-spoof" to obtain a Relic Frame too early in the game.

Last edited:
Some info on level scaling from the English site:

For those of you, who seem to misunderstand: this is NOT level scaling as in Oblivion. There are LIMITS to scaling of any being. Some monsters scale up to you only to offer challenge in the beginning, then they stop! Sentient beings have randomized loot, but mostly scaled to you - to offer something USEFUL (->equipment in 2w is really useful at any level! no "glass armours"!). This is AS WELL capped, so at some point you WILL one-hit kill those sentients. The big creatures (see the list on IGN) are scaled to offer great challenge - they SURPASS your level usually, but - ALSO HAVE A CAP! In essence, it's just like Phalynx said - those are LEVEL RANGES, not Oblivion-type scaling.
In singleplayer, level of being is ruled by a lot of factors:
-> The main of those is LOCATION. The volcanic regions have very tough enemies- and it's waaaaay to the south from the beginning place. The midlands offer very moderate challenges- it's near the beginning. BUT at the same time, some sentients will TRY to overlap/equal your level/power (and fail if you are beyond their range). Also, even near the starting point, you will encounter incredibly strong creatures - which will be EASIER to defeat once you grow out of their range.
-> The second one is TYPE of being (see IGN for types of beings). Big creatures will have a very long level range, to accomodate player - and will be scaled BEYOND player at - again - certain level range. The fauna, on the other hand, will stop advancing past level 15-20. They will be pesky zero-damage one-hit critters for a 50 level player, and incredible challenge for a 5 level player.
-> The third one is level of player - this is just 1/3 of all the reqs for creature's level! This is the so-called level scaling.

Sounds rather more sophisticated than vanilla Oblivion.

90,000 free DVDs on the Games Convention

With a large-scale Promotion action Publisher Zuxxez supports their RPG 'Two Worlds' 2007 on the Games Convention.

Unbelievable 90,000 DVDs are to be distributed free of charge. If you see the numbers of visitors of Games Convention last year, that would be a free DVD for each second visitor!

On the DVD you will find demos of 'Two Worlds' and 'Dream pin ball 3D'. The new Service-Release 1.5 for 'Two Worlds`is also on the Disc. Last but least, the Development-Tool 'ParticleGen' invits you to play around with effects, but also as demo too.

Summons are repaired, yeah! Just as announced, the summons have been repaired. What does that mean? -They can't be looted, the whole unsummon/death sequence has been reworked. -They can't be targeted by summoner, thus he can't kill his/her own summons, -They follow the player, and follow him/her very dilligently and bug(at least for now) free. So, in essence, welcome back, fellow Summoners! Rejoice! Armies of beings at your disposal are REALLY at your disposal!

Infos on state of the char This is great feature, indeed. Now, when you learn a skill, it's shown on the screen (exactly the name of what you learned). When you are disarmed - a large BLINKING message will remind you of that(sweet, right?). When you deinvest too much, and become encumbered, the message will show you WHY you move at such a low speed (this is also the next point in the update).

Intelligent deinvesting - On deinvesting skills/params, all unwearable equipment due to new restrictions (or old, if you wish) will be removed, and put into your backpack. YES, this will cause an overload in your inventory, and will SLOW your character DOWN to the sneaking speed, which will be explained by an appropriate message on screen. This will, no doubt, further restrict possibilities to exploit the game engine to have unwearable items equipped.

This list grows & grows & grows ... Is this what's been missing all of the time from the original version ?

Is this how it was meant to be ?

This list grows & grows & grows ... Is this what's been missing all of the time from the original version ?

Is this how it was meant to be ?
It sure seems that way, which makes me a bit sad for all those who have been playing the lacking versions for months!

From now on, there will be ONE piece of info a day (not too many of those left ... pity...)

GREAT multiplayer monsters - We all remember, how in 1.4 multiplayer you'd get random groms/varns/orcs or scorpions to fight even at higher levels, and in teams of 2-3 players. This wasn't challenging, and did not make levelling easy or rewarding. We all hunted for Dragons, and were sooo happy if 2 of those were there...
This has changed.
Imagine your 30lvl char, starting a game with a friend, just to unlock a new area. Imagine strolling casually through the wilderness, exterminating usual wolves/wyverns/bears... Suddenly, you see a Lava Dragon (which is level 40 and red). Great, you think, my goal for the session is here...
You defeat the Dragon. Content, you rush out to find some permaherbs, or maybe a chest or two - nothing else here, right?
WRONG.
You see another Lava Dragon.
And after a while, yet another.
.... Ten Lava Dragons later, and 4 levels richer in experience, you find some Giant Trachidis, as an icing on this FireBreathing Cake. And they come in normal numbers, 3 or 4 at most...
The trouble is, they're now spawned like Wyverns previously... Every 100+ meters apart...
30 Giant Trachidis later....
You get the picture, right?

It sure seems that way, which makes me a bit sad for all those who have been playing the lacking versions for months!

This is actually what I've been thinking myself.

Improved Physx and Ragdolls - while still far from perfect, now (most of the times) killed enemies don't disappear into horizontal objects when killed near them. The system is more intelligent and after their death attempts a much better position, allowing efficient looting. Since this error was the reason for "disappearing" enemies when killed from horseback, this also seems gone(reports Youngneil1). Also, there is NO more twitching and shaking of the corpses between the moment being is dead and physx are turned off. Now the transition is smoother, and corpses do not move violently before finally resting.

Back
Top Bottom