Wasteland 2 - New Patch & Lets Play

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment released the first post launch patch for Wasteland 2, and surprise it a huge list of fixes, and changes. Here is the link to the games changelog.

Highlights

- Removed unused DX11 support to improve stability and allow Steam overlay to work properly

- Many UI fixes/polish for better ease of use and readability

- Slight reduction to jam rates for large offenders

- Added mini-maps to all shrine locations

- Improved localizations based on context and fixes for missing translated text

- Preserved time stamps on save games when using Steam Cloud

- Optimization pass to some of the more expensive levels.
Vince the developer of Age of Decadence also sent me a link to his personal Lets Play.

Since it's Wasteland 2, no introduction is necessary. Let's take it out for a spin!

Disclaimer: I didn't follow any mechanics-related discussion and didn't have time to try the beta, so I know nothing about it. I rarely (as in never) read manuals before starting a game as I prefer the trial-n-error style. Thus my thoughts and observations might not be very accurate.
More information.

On Steam (and many other game updater), patch size isn't really representative of how much stuff is patched. It's just the way the thing are bundled.

On Steam (and many other game updater), patch size isn't really representative of how much stuff is patched. It's just the way the thing are bundled.

You can say that again. On Steam the patch was 1,5 GB and on GOG the same thing is 111 MB... It's incredible that they claim diff patches are a thing on Steam...

It was also announced that "Steam-Achievments" will be added to the game in october.

So, if that´s something that´s of interest to someone, then maybe taking a break from W2 for a few weeks might be in order. (unless, of course, you desire to use achievments as an extra replay incentive)

I have to wait until they somehow patch lower system requirements into the game, or until I get around to buying a new notebook. I have two copies as a backer, one sitting idle on my GOG account, the other unredeemed. Any takers? I'd feel bad selling it, but hey, it will be for a good cause, going straight in the 'new notebook'-fund.

Is it true a whole perk system will be added through a patch? If true, that's a major change and I'll wait for it before playing this game.

I have to wait until they somehow patch lower system requirements into the game...

Reminds me of something I noticed watching it and read about someone else having this same problem. The game seems to completely max out the graphics card, as in pushing it like a stress test. Saw a 7970 hitting 80+ degrees when it normally plays demanding games at just over 70 degrees.

This is something they really need to address, it really is pushing cards like a stress test, something which obviously is not meant to be a norm and can cause damage to hardware.

Is it true a whole perk system will be added through a patch? If true, that's a major change and I'll wait for it before playing this game.

I like to know that too. Cant seem to find it on the forums.

On this site, somewhere, a quotation states that the addition of a perk system is linked to financial results, something like they would like to take a look into it if they have the money. Must be within one week.

So they lower the jamming number to raise up the activation number. Not sure every party will win at it.

This is what Fargo said on perks (source is Reddit AMA). He doesn't really say 'yes we will' but it sounds like they very probably might or something like that ;) .

With every game I have ever worked on there have been things that I wanted it. It's always painful to ship any game knowing that it could always be better. I really wanted perks and traits but now with games staying live after ship we will plan to revisit adding a number of things. One of the areas that I designed for the game was dropped due to production and of course I had great affinity for it. It was an area in which Ronald Reagan had become a deity.. kind of like real life actually.

So they lower the jamming number to raise up the activation number. Not sure every party will win at it.

Actually, I believe this is a bad thing for most partys. Since you can use weapon mods to lower jam rates to low levels the ones who gain the biggest advantage from this are the enemies… I've seen them jam alot more than my own weapons have, I just believe people have a crappy grasp of mathematic principles (as in, a 5% chance to jam means you'll have a very high probability of the weapon jamming if you use up a 20 bullet mag). I've seen people complaining that the weapons jam more then what the numbers say (which I believe to be false), but I haven't seen anyone who actually understands the system complain about jam rates.

Last edited:
I have no problem at all with the jam rates. I think most people complaining about them simply find them to be an annoyance, but to me, they add another wrinkle to the combat system that makes things more interesting.

What does that basic grasp on mathematical principles say?

Because, in the game, 2 shot shotguns jam, as 6 shot sniper rifles, as 25 shot assault rifles in no way you could say that the cartridge load is relevant.

What does that basic grasp on mathematical principles say?

Because, in the game, 2 shot shotguns jam, as 6 shot sniper rifles, as 25 shot assault rifles in no way you could say that the cartridge load is relevant.

What I meant is that if you have a weapon with 5% jam rate and a 20 bullet mag you are likely to have at least one jam before you've emptied the clip. I was just using it as an example. Of course the cartridge size isn't relevant, I was just refering to the fact that the weapons jam as much as they say they will (on average), while some people claim they jam more. People wrongly believe a 2% weapon will almost never jam, when in fact it will jam on every 50th shot on average, which is still quite more often than never. ;)

Jamming is not common. I was in the military and hunted a lot growing up. I never had a shotgun jam. I never had a M-16 jam but have seen other people's jam. The 22 is what jammed the most and it was pretty rare. Never had other guns jam.

Jamming is not common. I was in the military and hunted a lot growing up. I never had a shotgun jam. I never had a M-16 jam but have seen other people's jam. The 22 is what jammed the most and it was pretty rare. Never had other guns jam.

Yeah but aren't these beat-up post apocalyptic guns worn down from prolonged use and harsh environments?

Back
Top Bottom