Drakensang - Now on GamersGate

me too. Damn I have like 20 hours left to wait...

I beg your pardon? none of that nasty talk in here!

;)

Just a word of warning with the new client-free download. I wanted to go to bed so I "paused" the download...came back this morning and it resumed fine. I wanted to do some RPGWatch updates and the 'net was too slow, so for some stupid reason I clicked "stop" rather than "pause"...1.7Gb of completed download wasted.

I have been havin some problems with my router I'm terrified it will drop conection in the next...um....47 hours....

I think I'll wait to see if it comes out on Steam. So far I haven't used another download site yet and would rather keep everything under one roof so to speak.

I think I'll wait to see if it comes out on Steam. So far I haven't used another download site yet and would rather keep everything under one roof so to speak.
I've used both and both work fine. I don't think the GG limitation should keep you from playing this. I doubt this game will ever make it to Steam. Might end up on Stardock though.

Oh it won't stop me getting Drakensang at some point. I am just flooded with games at the moment and have quite a few waiting in the wings still to go so I don't need to pick this up straight away.

Just a word of warning with the new client-free download. I wanted to go to bed so I "paused" the download...came back this morning and it resumed fine. I wanted to do some RPGWatch updates and the 'net was too slow, so for some stupid reason I clicked "stop" rather than "pause"...1.7Gb of completed download wasted.

Yep - that happened to me with Beyond Divinity ... but I have a fast enough connection that it was OK.

Yep - that happened to me with Beyond Divinity ... but I have a fast enough connection that it was OK.

The same here, plus it was corrupted and I had to download it again after they fixed it. I won't use them again unless I'm extremly desperate. I've had the most luck with D2D, but I'm going back to buying the DVD as often as I can since (with the exception of Sacred 2) it tends to be much less frustrating.

I read Drakensang is also available on Direct2Drive.

24 hours later...now installed.

I can confirm it has the 4gb textures.

Is there a retail version of this game yet? I'd much rather just get it from gogamer.com.

So you're in Oz Dhruin and can download it from Gamersgate?
Here in NZ i get "This product have been blocked for your country."

I cancelled my order from CD wow when i heard it was available as a download, but that's no great loss as they have since sent me an email saying the release has been put back to 27-3-09 (as expected).

Looks like I'm going to have to wait another month at the least.

Yep, in Oz and it worked fine from GamersGate (if slow). It's blocked in NZ? Really? I'm surprised they can tell the difference between us. ;)

It is NOT blocked in NZ.
As indicated in this thread, I downloaded it yesterday!

EDIT:
A-ha! I just found out something interesting.
I'm always auto logged into gamersgate, and the game appears fine for me - I even managed to buy it and download it.
BUT... if I log out of my account and try to look at details about the game I DO get the message "This product have been blocked for your country." (bad grammar and all)

Log back in - and it's no longer blocked.
@sege : try logging into your GamersGate account and maybe it'll be accessible.

Thanks for the info Shagnak, unfortunately it still doesn't work for me.
I've emailed their support. fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom