Risen - Bestiary Update: Wolves

Hehe I saw them yesterday thx to facebook :p

Is this in game footage always? because the grass seems to move odd. this might be nitpicking but I am just curiuous

Is this in game footage always? because the grass seems to move odd. this might be nitpicking but I am just curiuous

The grass seems fine to me. The wolf looked a bit large though, the front portion is built more like a boar.

It doesn't matter, it's a game and is representative of a wolf, you know it's a wolf, it will attack and act like a wolf, howl like a wolf - to all intents and purposes....it's a wolf.

Wulf

Just like you, you mean :p

Right on titus, howwoooool. :D

Through the hierarchy of the ability to attack and kill, pack animals have the highest success factor. Moreso than lions, hyenas etc' - wolves are second only to the pack animal that reigns supreme....the wild dog, they are the most able pack animal and can overpower any other animal, when locked in a frenzi-high are ferociously unstoppable.

G1 had wolves which would call others and attack in pack discipline, the jackals, wargs and wolves in G3 were intentionally more co-ordinated because utilising the power of the wolf pack (via Adanos) is instrumental in enabling a not-so-obvious storyline alternative quest conclusion, the one players have difficulty in understanding.

Following this, it will be interesting to see if PB continue in this light or abandon the 'gods' thing. Yet it seems there will be some god 'influence' in Risen (per the rising of the temples) but not sure if or how the 'animal-to-gods' link will be continued. :thinking:

Good old wolves. I hope they attack in packs and are notorious for killing low-level characters. *howls*

it will be interesting to see if PB continue in this light or abandon the 'gods' thing. Yet it seems there will be some god 'influence' in Risen (per the rising of the temples)

Hm, wasn't in mentioned that in Risen the gods have "gone silent" or "abandoned the world" or something like that, or am I imagining things?

Sorry for the delayed response Krzychu.

Yes, those words are correct, it suggests (by going silent) that they are somehow involved or forsaken (eg: forgotten/abandoned). The only sure way we will know is by playing the game (can't wait) - these in-depth things have always been closely knitted into the storylines in a subliminal or subjective way in the previous PB gothics. I'll be watching this gods thing with close interest as PB has always implemented "the gods" within the core concept of their games. Or put another way, it would be very strange of PB not to implement them yet again.

Sorry for the delayed response Krzychu.
That was only just yesterday. :)

Wulf said:
it would be very strange of PB not to implement them yet again.

On one hand, yes, but on the other, they could want to pursue new/other ideas and concepts. I mean, I can imagine a lot of people saying: What? Gods again? And yet, Risen just seems so much "gothic" that it would make sense if PB implemented that theme again somehow, perhaps only hinting at it, or who knows, maybe even expanding it further?

We'll just have to wait and see.
(Still, I can't seem to remember where was it that I read about the gods in Risen. Edit: Ahh, nevermind, it was probably the short story at the official site.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom