Risen 2 - First Look @ G4TV

Dhruin

SasqWatch
G4TV has a First Look preview of Risen 2 that seems mostly based on the GDC presentation - which was a while back. There's nothing new that I noticed but here's a snip:
After the intro-movie, I got to check out a small taste of Risen 2’s gameplay. The look in Risen 2 has been improved significantly from the first game. The colors are richer and brighter and the details more highly defined. The demo level featured a pirate town, filled with makeshift pirate structures – It’s a bit like a more detailed, better looking version of World of Warcraft’s Booty Bay – lots of makeshift boards piled up and I-don’t-care-about-looks architecture.
More information.

Nothing really new in this article.

Risen's problem wasn't the design, it simply wasn't a very interesting game.

Lol I roughly see what you mean, but if you try think a little more about what you wrote, even you will smile.

So game aren't designed for being interesting, interesting opinion. :)

Perhaps, just perhaps, Risen was a bit 'chicken soup'; Risen 2 with its pirate setting should be more memorable. If they can build on the mechanics of Risen and avoid the simplification trap then, IMHO, we're in for a treat ...

I'm anticipating Risen 2 far more than any Skyrim or Bioware crap, to be honest.

I'm anticipating Risen 2 far more than any Skyrim or Bioware crap, to be honest.

I'm betting skyrim will blow this away, but I am looking forward to playing this one.

I'm betting skyrim will blow this away, but I am looking forward to playing this one.

I'm betting that skyrim will sell a lot more, but still be inferior to a PB game. And I do own Morrowind and Oblivion as well as gothic 1, 2 (gold) and 3 and Risen. Unlike the mass I don't like the prechewed RPG from Bethesda

As far as I'm concerned, only G3 is comparable to any ES title. The rest are simply beyond anything ES related. In short: I'd be surprised if Risen 2 doesn't blow Skyrim away.

I'm so glad I vent to the harbor town. I would have been pretty miserable in the monastary.

It's a strange game. First impressions wasn't that good, but once I got started I was glued to the screen. It's such a well-crafted game, so I hope they manage to keep up the quality in this sequel.

Back
Top Bottom