Two Worlds - Impressions

What is leveling up like? It's not like Oblivion is it? You know...using a skill will gain you points in say, intelligence and trying to get a 5 for a big boost. I know I'm not explaining it very well but it's been awhile since I played.:)

Celeste

Nope. You have two "currencies" for leveling: attribute points, and skill points.

You get 5 attribute points and 1 skill point whenever you level by passing the appropriate experience threshold (the "standard" way). However, you also get an extra skill point whenever you pass a certain milestone (seeable on the same page where you check your reputation - F5 I think): slaying monsters, opening chests, finding teleports (I think monsters go 10/20/40/80/160 etc, probably everything else too).

My impressions .. playing lvl 10 Battlemage like type char 1.5 version

Combat:
not really click them to death .. on hardest you have to jump away and avoid being hit to be really succesful .. other than that its a clickfest

Enemy AI:
not that bad have to agree here... some animals run away etc.

Enemy level scaling:
yes there is one ... but one more intelligent .. crits are capped and you bump into high lvl monsters that will have you in one hit

World:
free huge and detailed - it makes fun to explore and find new places
yes agree here too ... and also hand crafted ! much of it is really well designed

Travelling:
the horse is a little difficult :) but i like the idea of horse combat

Stability:
very stable - at least on my system

stable here

Graphics:
nice out of the box -> great landscape, mediocre dungeons -> no excessive tuning necessary
yep very much - just the animation needs some more work - some types of movement are very quirky

Game interface:
easy too learn

yes

Saving and loading
fast, with autosave option

not like G3 guys :)

Difficulty:
challenging, but fair -> you can always stumble in high end enemies (no level scaling). Enemy archers are deadly -> get them first.

i am playing it on hard and like the game alot so far

And still we wait for it to be released in most of the English speaking world!!

And still we wait for it to be released in most of the English speaking world!!

Well, since all of the changes have been made I think it has a much better chance of getting good reviews and press in the US and therefore selling more copies. So I don't mind waiting too much :)

Looks like gamecopyworld.com offers a fix that will make this game too work
on Windows 2000. Two worlds seems like a game worth a try at least. That's fantastic news! I still don't have to touch winXP. I also found a nice post that descibres how to make Jade Empire work on win2k. Might have to try that game too sometime. It does not seem that interesting though. Gamecopyworld
provides a win2k fix for the game Overlord too.
Yay!!

now on lvl 12 and the game is still holding up.
Yesterday i killed about 25 - 30 dwarves in their mine :)) - priceless

There is surely some level - scalling though and also respawn - so far I have only seen this applied only on bandits.

Horse riding might still be a pain in 1.5 - the horse is sometimes choosing his own way and not always the right one. Especially when you are fighting this might be frustrating. With love i was remembering the horse-fighting mechanics of Mount and Blade.

Spells - especially tasty is the wall of fire. Imagine 15 dwarves trying to escape from one wall running to another and so burning to death :)).

I recommend playing this game on hard as the normal dif setting doesnt provide any challenge at all. At hard the game ends when you are killed - at normal you just respawn at the nearest shrine (lame).

At lvl 12 i still cannot beat the skeleton hordes in one of the dungeons and hopefully today i will develop my char enough to give them a beating. As far as item stacking goes - it is still not true that there is no need for newer weapons as the new ones are almost always much stronger. But this is still only lvl 12.

will come with more

see ya

Thanks for the updates - it is nice to see the feature lists, but the real hands-on effects are certainly welcome!

Hi, the game appears to have somewhat good graphics.And sounds like it would be a fun game to play from what I've read. I am having a problem with it though. The game runs... well on the verge of terrible. There is alot of lag even on absolute low settings. I dont think its my system because i can run Oblivion pretty smoothly and it seems to be a more hardware demanding game.

I was running the game on version 1.2
My system:
Windows Xp Home Edtion Sp2
Amd Semperon 3000+
1gb ddr
Radeon 9550 256mb

Does this game run badly because of my system or is it because it just needs to be patched??? Could someone please let me know im anxious to play the game and thats a little hard to do with this much lag.

Thank you.

Hi, the game appears to have somewhat good graphics.And sounds like it would be a fun game to play from what I've read. I am having a problem with it though. The game runs... well on the verge of terrible. There is alot of lag even on absolute low settings. I dont think its my system because i can run Oblivion pretty smoothly and it seems to be a more hardware demanding game.

My system:
Amd Semperon 3000+
1gb ddr
Radeon 9550 256mb

Does this game run badly because of my system or is it because it just needs to be patched??? Could someone please let me know im anxious to play the game and thats a little hard to do with this much lag.

Thank you.

my system specs

Core 2 duo processor
Geforce 8800 GTX
4 Gig Ram
Vista

game runs flawlessly on highest graphical settings on 1280x1024 - as my rig is a bit above average i cannot really tell if it is so demanding

my system specs

Core 2 duo processor
Geforce 8800 GTX
4 Gig Ram
Vista

game runs flawlessly on highest graphical settings on 1280x1024 - as my rig is a bit above average i cannot really tell if it is so demanding

I'm sure your post was extremely helpful to him. :rolleyes:

I thought exactly the same.

"Mine is bigger !"

My Athlon 800 running Win98SE must then be ... The Big Bang ?

My system:
Amd Semperon 3000+
1gb ddr
Radeon 9550 256mb

Thank you.

Your graphics card is very dated. It was low end card 3 years ago. Its complitely possible that it cant run som modern games at all. In som review they commented that two worlds runs poorly. I doubt all developers spend much time optimizing their game to run on cards that were low end two generations back.

Im sure you could buy cheap cards that are much better from ebay for instance. Even I have 800XL 256mb on sale for like 50 bucks and that card is worlds better (9550 < 9600 < 9800 < 800XL each step is significant) than that 9550 of yours.

If you have money to buy games like oblivion and two towers (80 bucks total) then surely 50-100 bucks to buy graphics card to actually run them is no problem..allthough your pc is coming to the end of its lifespan on other parts too so it might be better to change the whole machine.

Last edited:
I like how he says " a bit above average".

My rig must be total garbage. ;)

:) well 8800 GTX isnt the best one around anymore and a Core 2 duo processor isnt state of the art either so thats what i meant

and about my post being helpful ... no it was not :)
but there are some games that have problems even on this system ( in some areas) like Stalker ...
asuming that this game runs smoothly on 1.5 patch on my rig i would say that the engine itself is not that bad ...

and by saying a bit above average is my intention not to show off .. i dont like ppl shouting on boards that they have those super powerful state of the art machines :)

Back
Top Bottom