Witcher 3 Tips and tricks

The Witcher 3
I picked the passive medium armor ability (Signs boost) as the first one, and it seems very overpowered, so far. You start out with medium armor, and that means you get a straight 20% boost for 1 point.

Understood, but I really don't like alchemy, and never use it in rpg games. I know some really enjoy it, but I don't. I basically ignore alchemy in rpg games, and don't like picking up all those damn plants laying everywhere.

To me, healing through meditation makes perfect sense, and is basically the same principle as healing through resting. And should be present in all the difficulty levels, though on higher difficulty they could have just made it so you didn't regain as much health as in lower difficulty levels.

You don't have to pick up herbs once you created your first potion. The potions never runs out since when you mediates they will refill themselves as log as you have some sort of spirit. I like this about Witcher 3 since I also hate gathering herbs all the time to create new potions.

You don't have to pick up herbs once you created your first potion. The potions never runs out since when you mediates they will refill themselves as log as you have some sort of spirit. I like this about Witcher 3 since I also hate gathering herbs all the time to create new potions.

You will need herbs to upgrade the potions though, but yeah, you don't need as much as in the previous game where they were needed for making potions over and over again.

Really that sucks, I always found it part of the game having to choice what you could make and not make at any given time.

Yeah, what if you are short of alcohol and want to choose what to create, or not create any more potions until later after meditating?

The first ability point I used was the basic regeneration thing that's found in the general skills tab. I've never had to do anything specific to regain health after that. It'll fill the health bar while I'm roaming around, though it's not fast enough to regenerate it all if you fight often.

I think I will pick the quen upgrades that translate absorbed damage into health, so I don't have to worry about damage so much, and can get regeneration as a bonus.

Active Shield

Do not let a Drowner touch you when you are swimming underwater, Death.

Overview of supported hardware.
I can't play the game. :eek:

Then again, I have yet to play the second half of Witcher 1, not to mention all of Witcher 2. ;)

I found out that Quen removes debuffs like bleeding on you when cast. Quite handy.

As if Quen wasn't already overpowered. :)

You can cast Axii on your horse when you're riding him, although I'm not quite sure what it does yet.

I think its the most overpowered skill there is!

Is there anyway to tell if Quen is still active on you? I don't see a buff icon when I cast it. I think its last for 30s or till you get hit but I just like some visual marker to know if its gone or not.

Is there anyway to tell if Quen is still active on you? I don't see a buff icon when I cast it. I think its last for 30s or till you get hit but I just like some visual marker to know if its gone or not.

If you look closely, you can see sparks of energy around Geralt.

You can cast Axii on your horse when you're riding him, although I'm not quite sure what it does yet.

It calms it (aka lower the fear level), mostly useful for mounted combat.

You can also use wild horses by casting Axii on them, if you don't they are going to throw you off their back (speaking by experience).

Hm. I don't understand the new skill system - the tutorial was fairly fast and brief? They seem to have made it more complicated - like mutagen boosters and what note... huh? I slapped one in and I get a (pathetic) bonus...but seems convoluted. Suppose I'll have to read the Wiki that was mentioned earlier.

... like mutagen boosters and what note… huh? I slapped one in and I get a (pathetic) bonus…but seems convoluted.

At 2nd level what sort of bonus have you expected boo?

If you are like me and pick up everything you see, you might get overloaded. I have dropped things in a location and marked it on the screen and finished what I was doing. Then came back and picked it all up, called for my horse and road to the nearest place to sell some of it or to the nearest fast travel sign post. Seems on your horse the extra weight doesn't bring you to a crawl with the extra weight.

I've sold that armor ages ago. It was upgradeable, but I found better stuff on the road.

I've sold that armor ages ago. It was upgradeable, but I found better stuff on the road.

Good, I'll flog all the old stuff then. I also reckon that you can flog all books and notes that are not in the quest items tab - otherwise the usable item tab becomes annoyingly congested.

Back
Top Bottom