NWN2 Best way to Install?

Neverwinter Nights 2

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Ok, I picked up MotB to go along with the new 'puter and with all the fuss about how to properly patch the game in 1.10 I'm asking if there's a best way to install?

Do you install the first game, patch it all the way or install both games then start patching? Does it matter with patch 1.11?

Thanks to Vista compatibility should I remove the NWN2 in Documents before installing the expansion?

It appears Obsidian's patching system hops through them all rather than bringing it over all at once depending what you patch you currently are.

I believe the official advice is to (1) install NWN2, (2) patch NWN2 via auto-update, (3) install MotB, (4) patch MotB via auto-update.

This didn't quite work for me -- I had a patched install of NWN2, and installing MotB on top of it caused problems. So I (1) installed NWN2, (2) installed MotB, (3) patched the whole shebang via auto-update. Everything worked fine.

If I had to do it again, this is what I'd do:

(1) Install NWN2
(2) Install MotB
(3) Test.

If something went wrong, you'll have missing descriptions and texts in very obvious places. If this happens, uninstall and re-install the recommended Bioware way. If not, run the auto-updater, and you're gold.

The idea is that you'll only run the (time-consuming) updater once you know you have a functioning installation, so you won't be running it more than once (unless something goes really horribly wrong).

I second that, there were some problems with installing MotB over NWN2 and then patching, but with the latest patches they seem to be fixed.

thanks.

my buddy is trying to talk me out of upgrading to 1.11 because the Tal2 server refuses until the 1.11 bugs are fixed. Since it will be forever before 1.12 is out I don't see the point and 1.11 is hotfixed now.

ps- arma, where's your hat? Is Sammy having trouble making one in 2D?

Back
Top Bottom