Biowear blames rival, rpgcodex.net for bad ratings

Does Biowear make good games?

• Total voters
Actually, it's not just Corwin that holds your sorry future in his hands. Decidedly non-evangelic (I assume that's what you attempted to type) imperialist pigdogs control your future as well. The only thing between you and my insta-ban (or that of any other moderator) is that sliver of decency that keeps each of us from abusing the power the site owners have given us. So behave yourself, little prole, and all will be well.

Actually, it's not just Corwin that holds your sorry future in his hands. Decidedly non-evangelic (I assume that's what you attempted to type) imperialist pigdogs control your future as well. The only thing between you and my insta-ban (or that of any other moderator) is that sliver of decency that keeps each of us from abusing the power the site owners have given us. So behave yourself, little prole, and all will be well.

i was alright with the rest of the post, y'know, i don't mind differently minded conservative moderators but then i saw

''little prole''

ME, A PROLE?!

sir, i am a member of the elite, i wash everyday and i can write & read and i don't spend my life working on dull repetitive job that i hate unlike the other 95% of the population. i find that very offensive.

Some of us find YOU offensive, so we're even!! :)

I clicked all those links and saw nothing Bioware said other than Stanley Woo closing threads, which is his job.

In any case it would not surprise me to see certain groups spamming user review sites with bad reviews. Would not surprise me at all.

In any case it would not surprise me to see certain groups spamming user review sites with bad reviews. Would not surprise me at all.

It wouldn't be any different than the groups who spam those sites with positive reviews, and I tend to think that actually happens a lot more often.

It wouldn't be any different than the groups who spam those sites with positive reviews, and I tend to think that actually happens a lot more often.

Probably.

The Bioware forums right now are actually a very funny clash of old-school RPG fans spamming hate and super Bioware fanboys spamming love. It's like hippies clashing with the cops.

It's not as much organized but it spread as plague in a quite similar way. I remember get bored by Oblivion lovers spamers during long years.

But the huge difference is even if myself I hate a game (which would be stupid) I can't really reproach fans and lovers spaming about what they like a lot. At reverse people glued and sticky in hate and continue spam their hate again and again against a game, I "hate" them in return so much, well not really but almost. :)

I think it's quite unique but EA and Bioware search for what happened. I like a lot DA2 I'm playing but they push it too far. First the demo should not have ever been released, how it happened is they perhaps didn't intend release it, and feel forced do it when it leaks there was one for few employees.

But the real point giving flesh to codex like hate and campaign and it's overall welcoming is: It's far to be something at the level of Dungeon Lords, nor it seems a pack of bug, probably DAO had quite more, and it's not at all about streamlining because that's their choice and in end it's not badly done at all. But it's about too many clear points showing it's been done in hurry to refuse delay the release and spend more in it. It's even more chocking because the game has a quite high level of polishing. And I repeat I enjoy quite a lot the game and don't care bashing it.

It's not as much organized but it spread as plague in a quite similar way. I remember get bored by Oblivion lovers spamers during long years..

No, it's actually very much more organized. Sometimes the people who spam positive reviews actually have a real incentive to do it.

I was just wondering if any other major game release in the last 5 years or so had been as 'controversial' as DA2? The New Shit (TM) debacle was a walk in the park by comparison.
Oblivion was comparable. May be it makes sense to open a dedicated DA2 Love&Hate thread like for Oblivion and forbid all pro or contra DA2 posts on all other threads.

Indeed booboo and bkrueger, it's been pretty intense. Based on recent months I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, as I suspect the entire internet might just implode due to massive flame wars.

I'm as anti-new-Bioware-direction as they come, and even I tire of this.

I wonder if the controvery and negative user reviews at placed like Metacritic have actually affected sales? I mean is DA2 selling well (as good as/better than) DA:O?

No one knows numbers but it hit #1 in the UK. Probably will in the US too.

PC sales in the UK without any digital sales counted were 21%, which is quite good when you consider digital sales are estimated at 50% of the market.

First it was Anon now it is the codex ...
Since when codex's hipsters are rivals to bioware ? the codex isnt software developing company .
Not to mention that some codexians do like the game.
I think the whole point is that BW delivered a mediocre quality game and they are trying to find excuses .

DA2 is the direct result of having enough resources, but no passion or cohesive creative motivation to create something special.

It's the ultimate Bioware blueprint product - and I'm surprised it came about so soon. I'd have expected a few more years of decent games from them - with the designers/artists kidding themselves into thinking they were making great stuff.

This is what financially oriented people think is possible. They think you can just throw a resonable amount of money at something and it will return profit according to market research.

I'm sure DA2 will do well financially, but I very much doubt they can keep that up for the next game - based on this reaction.

You can't make truly great games on a factory line - you have to have passionate people be part of the project leadership to maintain a cohesive vision.

Sure, you can be driven by greed and sales - but you have to get people who're willing to invest themselves creatively at the top.

Suits will never make good game designers, no matter who they hire to be pulled on their strings.

But they have themselves to blame for fake 10/10 reviews on metacritic http://i.imgur.com/BEZOe.png

So their employees are now pretenting to be independent gamers. And then they blame 4chan and the codex for the zeros. Incredible.

Back
Top Bottom