KB: Warriors of the North - Review Roundup

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a small collection of 3 reviews of Kings Bounty: Warrios of the North.
  • IndieGameReviewer, 4/5
    I admit to looking down my nose at the King’s Bounty series before playing it. There was a certain element of 80s metal album artwork that I found worrying. It had the feel of something made by people who were too close and too enthralled with their own work to do any quality control. It looked a little like an inside joke. It turns out that it’s more like the kind of fun that you have when you don’t worry about who’s watching, like playing with Legos or singing in your car. But, on top of that, it’s a really, really good game. So it’s like playing with Legos and making a scale model of the Eiffel Tower, or a professional opera singer singing in the car.
  • Die Hard Gamefan, Great game
    For those new or those that have followed the KB franchise since the 90s, King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is a must have. Its hexagonal turn based combat coupled with the strategy and tactics needed to quell hordes of undead have raised it up my list of fleshed out titles. With the variety of options, difficulties, and army diversity available, it will suck hours, days, weeks of your life away with blissful memories.
  • That Videogame Blog, 7.5
    At $29.99, King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is a fun tactical romp through the land of Endoria, but suffers from some predictably repetitive elements and annoyances that keep it from being a really great game.
More information.

I'm too lazy to spend 4 seconds finding out.

Is there a talent calculator or character planner yet, like there was for the previous two games? And I did spend more than 4 seconds searching for one with no result. ;)
Would have been great advertisement, too. I can't believe I'm the only one who loves to play with those things.

It sounds like getting the flying horse so early would ruin the game in some ways?

Is there a talent calculator or character planner yet, like there was for the previous two games?
Sorry, not yet. Would be nice to have it.

It sounds like getting the flying horse so early would ruin the game in some ways?
Not really. Caves and dungeons you still can't fly through, chests on the sea you still can't pick up while flying and attacking anything from the air is still impossible. Also detecting hidden chests doesn't happen while in the air, so while it can be used for fast travel, you'll remain on the ground/sea most of the time.

Sorry, not yet. Would be nice to have it.

Not really. Caves and dungeons you still can't fly through, chests on the sea you still can't pick up while flying and attacking anything from the air is still impossible. Also detecting hidden chests doesn't happen while in the air, so while it can be used for fast travel, you'll remain on the ground/sea most of the time.

It is indeed quite early and can be miss used. On the otherhand you can always NOT use the Fly option.

Dunno how to misuse it exactly…
You definetly need it to visit two "witches" on early maps if you care for stuff they sell. Also it's a nice addition as you can fly over the whole map you already cleared to check if you missed some collectible (hard to spot tree trunk for example) and also to quickly find out a quest target (some quest targets spawn only when you accept the quest).

IMO it's not the wings that came too early, but inquisitors (already recruitable on the 5th map and not just a few but huge numbers) and Sacrifice spell.
As in first two games, inquisitors with Sacrifice is simply an OP combo. Send a bunch of dragons all way forward, use sacrifice to kill cheap bows and resurrect dragons to keep their number steady, and use inquisitors to resurrect dead bows you lost with sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom