Gothic Universe?

Yes. JDR13 mentioned it a few weeks ago right here.

Thanks, all. :)
What seems odd is the Overview part, which is the exact description of Gothic 1, yet they don't specifically say Gothic 1 and they call it Gothic Universe.
So the Overview isn't really an overview if Gothic 1, isn't included since the Overview only talks about Gothic 1, not an overview of the Universe.

Gothic 1 seems to be owned by PB solely, so maybe it's just false/misleading PR bit. :S

Thanks, all. :)
What seems odd is the Overview part, which is the exact description of Gothic 1, yet they don't specifically say Gothic 1 and they call it Gothic Universe.
So the Overview isn't really an overview if Gothic 1, isn't included since the Overview only talks about Gothic 1, not an overview of the Universe.

Gothic 1 seems to be owned by PB solely, so maybe it's just false/misleading PR bit. :S

I think they just forgot to bold Gothic... "GothicWelcome..."
It should just be Gothic
Welcome....

Oops, I guess I didn't really look at the font on that site, even though I don't speak German, I can usually recognize German print.

All of the Gothic games should be included. As Gorath pointed out in my other thread, both Jowood and Piranha Bytes are printed on the front of the box.

Attachments

• g_u.jpg
    g_u.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 15
well piranha bytes did make all the gothics...
but pitanha bytes owns the rights to gothic 1 if i recall, so it's not a given that they have been offered anything reasonable to include it in the package.

MMM interesting but I already own Gothic and Gothic 3

Your missing out on Gothic 2 then which is the best in the series especially with the expansion.

I played gothic 2 only borrowed from a friend. still have to return his copie :p

I got it.Three dvd's each has a game on it.No manual otherwise.Just installed gothic
1 and started it up.No cd check.Game starts up. Getting used to gothic one is taking
a bit.

Download JemyM´s FAQ and forget about the crappy manual or the ReadMe.

The controls are simple:

If you are right-handed use the alternative setup: ASDW + mouse. It´s like a shooter setup with a twist.

Press - and keep pressed - the "Action Key" if you want to interact with something. That´s either CTRL or the LMB. Then all trivial actions are done with "forward". This is always the first thing to try! You will find out that almost everything is done that way.

Combat is similar. Space toggles the last active weapon or spell. 1-10 the things you´ve assigned to them in the inventory.
You are weak in the beginning. If you survive close to 50% of the fights against a single scavenger you´re doing alright. Things will look different with a decent weapon, an armour and more strength. Do not spend the first 30-50 skill points on extravagant skills!

Combat controls:
Keep the Action Key pressed. Now the movement keys give you 3 active and one passive option. Later you will learn combos. They require precise timing.

The trade interface sucks. It´s not that hard to understand though:
Step 1: Put the things you want to buy into the merchand´s middle column.
Step 2: Put the stuff you want to get rid of into your middle column.
Step 3: Fill up with micro currencies like arrows or ore until your stuff is worth at least as much as the things you want to trade for.
Step 4: Now you can make the exchange.

Back
Top Bottom