Red Faction: Armageddon ?

The general consensus seem to be "not as good as Guerrilla". I have not played it either, but Guerrilla was fun in a mindless "release some steam" kind of way. The best Red faction still seem to be the first one (though this is in large due to how fun it was to destroy the environment. Red faction 2 was pure junk).

RF:G is like a guilty pleasure. The game isn't really that good but knocking down entire buildings with a sledge hammer is strangely enjoyable.

That is SO true ... sometimes I would forget what I was supposed to be doing because I got bent on rampant hammer-time!

I liked RF1, but it was just an average game that I think got over-hyped due to GeoMod. RF2 was pretty lousy - like a game that was ~3 hours long, then the devs realized and said 'oh crap' and tacked on a generic 2 hour endgame.

Guerrilla was average as well, but decent fun. For $12.50 I might grab Armageddon ...

It's ok, but I liked RF:G quite a bit more.

It's really a very traditional shooter with some neat destruction on top.

It's really nothing like Guerrilla, ignore the name. This game is more like a Quake style bug-hunt through semi-open but linear levels. It's pretty fast-paced, especially toward the end, and the destruction technology is great.

If you like linear shooters it is definitely worth that much. PC version is pretty good too.

never played the first 2, mainly because i wished volition would make another summoner game, but i tried guerilla and it was a suprise hit with me. great open world fun. when i heard armageddon broke away from that model i lost interest but the $12.50 sale drew me in but i'm still not sure when i'll get to play it. i might go for playing the new alice before skyrim comes out though right now i'm still playing one of my favourite games of the year...fable 3--shocking.

Armageddon is similar to the first and second RF games. Corridor shooter.

Back
Top Bottom